Two Litchi Questions

Reaction score
Can one fly a route and as you are flying it set waypoints? I would like to make the original route repeatable. Second, Say I have a route flying just over the tree-tops. The video looks great. I come back in a year and the tree branch grew above my route's programmed altitude. Will the P4P "see" the tree and go above it? Assume I have the drone programmed to look forward. Thanks in advance.

Setting waypoints as you fly a route sounds like what you do in DJIGo4.
As to the trees, great question! I do know that if you have stored the flight in Litchi, and you know ahead of time about the tree growth, you could load the flight and then click on the appropriate waypoint(s) needed to clear the tree and change the altitude(s).
Keep us informed- inquiring minds want to know!

No, it won’t automatically fly above the trees unless the vision sensors can see the branches. The sensors are not very good at spotting small branches or wires. They work well with larger objects, or smaller objects that are clumped close together.

If you are shooting video, these pauses and jags spoil the video.

Reactions: tribar
Can one fly a route and as you are flying it set waypoints? I would like to make the original route repeatable. Second, Say I have a route flying just over the tree-tops. The video looks great. I come back in a year and the tree branch grew above my route's programmed altitude. Will the P4P "see" the tree and go above it? Assume I have the drone programmed to look forward. Thanks in advance.
Following - have similar questions about Litchi vs. GO4.

Remember, waypoint missions are downloaded to the local memory on the bird .... real time WPs sounds dubious to me ... and there's a lot of attributes for a single WP that should be considered, (action, alt., speed, alt. above ground, POI, camera behavior, curves, etc.) .. all in real time? Nay for moi.

Like to see how this might work out ...

Your C1 or C2 can be programmed to drop a WP as you fly.
ONLY when flying manually, NOT while flying a waypoint mission !
It it possible however to set a POI at the AC-position while flying a mission.
(As of Android version 4.14.0-g and iOS version 2.6.7, 2019-08-27).

Last edited:
DJI's Collision Avoidance now on the Litchi app - Phantom 4 Only!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Phantom 4 Litchi Waypoint Too Low
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Wow. I wonder how the P4P would handle this flight with surround obstacle avoidance.
It would be interesting to see all the telemetry and the RC screen when this flight was filmed. How do the youtubers record the RC screen for demos?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic