Trying to get VP9 codec applied in YouTube, but failing....Sony Vegas Pro

Reaction score
I am trying to upload my 2.7K 23.9fps and 29.9fps videos uploaded to YouTube with their coveted vp9 setting so that my videos look nice. I worked so hard on them, and they look terrible after YouTube gets done compressing them with avc1.

I use sony vegas pro. I am using native 2.7K video, rendering in 2.7K at Best render quality. I am not if I should change the bit rate. I have by guessing and using large numbers. But the videos still look horrible. Help!

I am trying to upload my 2.7K 23.9fps and 29.9fps videos uploaded to YouTube with their coveted vp9 setting so that my videos look nice. I worked so hard on them, and they look terrible after YouTube gets done compressing them with avc1.

I use sony vegas pro. I am using native 2.7K video, rendering in 2.7K at Best render quality. I am not if I should change the bit rate. I have by guessing and using large numbers. But the videos still look horrible. Help!
Higher resolution videos can take a while for YT to render to hi res. Wait a few hours and look again.

Reactions: ravedog
OH, interesting. I will have to put them up again. When I saw avc1 after uploading them,I took them down! Ha. I'll try that today. Thanks.

Hey, John! How do people go about choosing bit rate when they render their videos? A notch above the native file size??? or how?? Everyone seems to have a different opinion, but not one person explains "how" they come to their decision to change the rendering bit rate.

Thanks!

Hey, John! How do people go about choosing bit rate when they render their videos? A notch above the native file size??? or how?? Everyone seems to have a different opinion, but not one person explains "how" they come to their decision to change the rendering bit rate.

Thanks!
With my P4P that writes at 100mbps I will select the same 100mbps render bit rate to match the original recording. I also render at 60fps or 59.9 to match my original capture. This is for 3840x2160 UHD resolution, and also for 1080x1920 That has always worked good for me.

UPDATE: Everything worked just as you said. I only needed to wait, and YouTube did, by the end of the day, have it all up in HD for those who could use it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic