Trying to bring my old FC40 to use

Reaction score
Hi,

I got a old Phantom FC40. I just want to have some fun with this thing. I want to use it mostly for footage and photography with a GoPro Hero 3+ Silver. I don't have a radio or batteries.

I know I could go for a new drone with all the great features but I don't want to spend more than 400€ getting this thing in the air and having some fun with it.

I already put up a list of items based on my very limited knowledge:

TX: ImmersionRC Race Band 25mW 5.8GHz A/V Transmitter
Better antennas: ImmersionRC 5.8GHz Circular Polarized SpiroNet Antenna V2 (RHCP SMA)
Props: DJI 9450 Self-tightening Propellers White with Gold Stripes
Battery: ZIPPY Flightmax 2800mAh 3S1P 30C
Low voltage warning: HobbyKing™ Lipo Voltage Checker (2S~8S)
Radio: Turnigy 9X 9Ch Transmitter w/ Module & iA8 Receiver (Mode 2) (AFHDS 2A system)
Monitor: 7 inch 800 x 480 TFT LCD FPV Monitor with LED Backlight Fieldview 777
Gimbal: Tarot TL3D02 GOPRO T4 - 3D 3-axis Gimbal for GoPro3
OSD: DJI iOSD Mini On-Screen Display for Real-Time Flight Information (Black)

Still missing a battery charger and probably a lot of cables to connect things that I don't even know. This is all very confusing.

I'm basically trying to figure if I'm making the right choices in terms of price/quality relation. Trying to find what am I missing.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi,

I got a old Phantom FC40. I just want to have some fun with this thing. I want to use it mostly for footage and photography with a GoPro Hero 3+ Silver. I don't have a radio or batteries.

I know I could go for a new drone with all the great features but I don't want to spend more than 400€ getting this thing in the air and having some fun with it.

I already put up a list of items based on my very limited knowledge:

TX: ImmersionRC Race Band 25mW 5.8GHz A/V Transmitter
Better antennas: ImmersionRC 5.8GHz Circular Polarized SpiroNet Antenna V2 (RHCP SMA)
Props: DJI 9450 Self-tightening Propellers White with Gold Stripes
Battery: ZIPPY Flightmax 2800mAh 3S1P 30C
Low voltage warning: HobbyKing™ Lipo Voltage Checker (2S~8S)
Radio: Turnigy 9X 9Ch Transmitter w/ Module & iA8 Receiver (Mode 2) (AFHDS 2A system)
Monitor: 7 inch 800 x 480 TFT LCD FPV Monitor with LED Backlight Fieldview 777
Gimbal: Tarot TL3D02 GOPRO T4 - 3D 3-axis Gimbal for GoPro3
OSD: DJI iOSD Mini On-Screen Display for Real-Time Flight Information (Black)

Still missing a battery charger and probably a lot of cables to connect things that I don't even know. This is all very confusing.

I'm basically trying to figure if I'm making the right choices in terms of price/quality relation. Trying to find what am I missing.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.
Some of those items are still available, but some are not. I do have a new battery charger and radio I could sell from my first FC40, which I lost on my third flight with it.

Some of those items are still available, but some are not. I do have a new battery charger and radio I could sell from my first FC40, which I lost on my third flight with it.

Which ones are not available? From my search every one of them is in stock.
Where do you live? USA? I’m asking this because it would take me a long time to receive your package. Can you suggest a charger from Hobby King? As for the radio, I’m going for the Turnigy.

Hobby King does have a decent supply of items that will work, I was mainly thinking of DJI stock when I said that some stuff isn't available any longer. There were a couple of chargers at HK that had good reviews from FC pilots, but I don't remember the specific model numbers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20