True long range test

Anybody have the DBS or FPVLR mod and want to REALLY test its range capabilities and see once and for all which is king? Well I propose the following: instead of heading back because of low battery concerns, keep going until u actually lose signal. The catch is u have to have somebody on the other end ready to catch it. You also need to set failsafe to hover instead of RTH. I wonder what the true range is...10 miles, 15 miles?

Who's up to the challenge?
15 miles is impossible on stock battery

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Iv'e done 8 miles round trip (42,000 ft) on a stock battery. P3P, max distance out 12,350 ft. (windsurfers only) before running out of room. This was a 21 minute flight. When modding batteries, adding cells and the like, what is the point of diminishing returns? I'm curious to know, I see many guys here with mods to get these extreme distances and batt. life, but when do you add so much weight that runtime and reliability start to degrade..
As far as the long distance challenge goes, I have wondered before how far a P3 can get one way on a stock batt. If flying one way, no stopping, at top speed I'm guessing right around 10 miles, no more.. but you would have to slow down during the trip to avoid voltage drain from flying at top speed

Reactions: stulpin300m
Iv'e done 8 miles round trip (42,000 ft) on a stock battery. P3P, max distance out 12,350 ft. (windsurfers only) before running out of room. This was a 21 minute flight. When modding batteries, adding cells and the like, what is the point of diminishing returns? I'm curious to know, I see many guys here with mods to get these extreme distances and batt. life, but when do you add so much weight that runtime and reliability start to degrade..
As far as the long distance challenge goes, I have wondered before how far a P3 can get one way on a stock batt. If flying one way, no stopping, at top speed I'm guessing right around 10 miles, no more.. but you would have to slow down during the trip to avoid voltage drain from flying at top speed
Ya I've gotten the same.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj