Trouble

• Thread starter Deleted member 62848
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 62848

Oh man what's up with some people ,,I was hovering and flying circles over this Bush land,,today I get visit from council ,,you cant fly here,,someone thought I was a spy,,anyway talk went well ,showed flight record just to show the man and even gave him my phone number so he can ask in future if I was flying at all,,he appreciate me being honest and informative but bottom line is to ask permission to fly,even though it was across where I currently am,,,the joy of droning,,he did metion a dedicated drone park is in process of being made which sounds interesting and will keep me informed on that,,,before you eat,ask.before you fly ask.change undies to probably have to ask,,,,REMEMBER TO ASK
Screenshot_20191204-114717.jpg

I pretty sure we got same laws as most and I fully aware of them so it was a surprise to get a morning visit ,he did give me another drone law booklet ..he did come straight here so must have been a neighbour,,yes I normally travel to fly just to avoid these issues,,yes I usually fly with discreetly to but seems there always someone somewhere ready to jump to conclusions,,,I'm going to get permission to fly here just to annoy whoever it was,,they could have come talk to me and I would have been ok with it,,I metion I a reply couple weeks back that someone walk past with kids but they not say nothing cause they saw me and went back home so I know who it is now,,,almost want to visit but dont want to get arrested so I will wait and get permission to fly and see what happens,,watch this space :).gosh I will even teach him to fly so he can u understand drones a bit better,,
15754163408026905913371844440126.jpg

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Your a good man Ian doing the right thing. Can I ask you a question if you live in NZ isn’t there better places to fly. They film the lord of rings there and the country and mountains look beautiful. I live on the east coast of US and we have a hard time finding places to fly.

Safe flying

Last edited:
  • Drone pilots must have the consent of a property owner or person in charge of an area before flying over it.

Crap.. I missed that, my bad. I'm blind in one eye and can't see out of the other one. I will edit my original comment. Thanks.

I'm glad the United States isn't like this!
Oh man what's up with some people ,,I was hovering and flying circles over this Bush land,,today I get visit from council ,,you cant fly here,,someone thought I was a spy,,anyway talk went well ,showed flight record just to show the man and even gave him my phone number so he can ask in future if I was flying at all,,he appreciate me being honest and informative but bottom line is to ask permission to fly,even though it was across where I currently am,,,the joy of droning,,he did metion a dedicated drone park is in process of being made which sounds interesting and will keep me informed on that,,,before you eat,ask.before you fly ask.change undies to probably have to ask,,,,REMEMBER TO ASKView attachment 115978
A drone park? What do you expect to do there? The photos and videos you would get at a "drone park" would be so crummy why bother. Everyone is getting way too paranoid about drones. A better spying tool is a pair of binoculars btw...

And why would you be mad if someone flew over your property while filming? Unless they're doing something illegal or embarrassing then there should be nothing wrong with a drone getting photos. Apple and Google maps have detailed photos of your properties without consent!

I'm glad the United States isn't like this! A drone park? What do you expect to do there? The photos and videos you would get at a "drone park" would be so crummy why bother. Everyone is getting way too paranoid about drones. A better spying tool is a pair of binoculars btw...

And why would you be mad if someone flew over your property while filming? Unless they're doing something illegal or embarrassing then there should be nothing wrong with a drone getting photos. Apple and Google maps have detailed photos of your properties without consent!
They just got nothing better to do than complain,,yes street view is more intrusive than a drone too,,,yeh drone park sounds boring ,wonder how that work.? 5 min fly time each or something like that

I suggest that you make sure you are up to date on the drone laws in your country/area. I found this information https://uavcoach.com/drone-laws-in-new-zealand/
Thanks but I am well aware of the rules,I recently took on fight with one of our airports and lost .I got rules coming out my ears,,if there was no road between me and flight in question it would be the front yard,,of this property,not even 101 would stop these boring folk complaining,,drones are the future and the future is here

I'm glad the United States isn't like this! A drone park? What do you expect to do there? The photos and videos you would get at a "drone park" would be so crummy why bother. Everyone is getting way too paranoid about drones. A better spying tool is a pair of binoculars btw...

You're right and generally we here all agree with that. But common people probably not. They seem to be threatened all around. The only thing that thay usually know about drones are the millitary notices of drone actions against the enemy or maybe some spying activities. So they have annoying feelings every time they see a drone. Usually not knowing that the primary purpose of our flying is to make videos or photos. And this won't change in future as more and more sophysticated technology enables drones to do things that we can't even imagine by now.

You're right and generally we here all agree with that. But common people probably not. They seem to be threatened all around. The only thing that thay usually know about drones are the millitary notices of drone actions against the enemy or maybe some spying activities. So they have annoying feelings every time they see a drone. Usually not knowing that the primary purpose of our flying is to make videos or photos. And this won't change in future as more and more sophysticated technology enables drones to do things that we can't even imagine by now.
I remember when drones first appeared here,,they had a PARALLEL IMPORT ADD on TV which said see what your neighbours are up to,,which I'm sure contribute to most disliking drones from day 1

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Awww man I didn't want more bad news today... [emoji23] Oh well hopefully the more videos we make and the more little mavic minis sell hopefully people will realise our drones are pretty innocent, and the only thing they should really fear if it's hovering over their properties is a matrice looking monstrosity.

You know more than most, we can take pictures with our slr's and people have no idea of how close we can zoom in on them. My dad many years ago made a parabolic dish and we could hear neighbors on their phones in their yards talking across the street and 3 houses down.

[emoji23] that's awesome!
You know more than most, we can take pictures with our slr's and people have no idea of how close we can zoom in on them. My dad many years ago made a parabolic dish and we could hear neighbors on their phones in their yards talking across the street and 3 houses down.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31