Trouble With Maxx UAV Battery

Reaction score
Hi All, Happy Holidays !!
I have a P3 Pro fitted with the Amplified Maxx UAV ItElite ITE-DBS02 Antenna. It is an older model with the black Magnasonic 5000 mAh battery. It's been sitting on the shelf for a few months and I thought I take it out and video a long distance run so I can sell it. I cannot get the battery to stay on. I've tried all combos of button pressing, and it's the same thing every time. The blue lights and the white LED's on the amps come on and after about 3 or 4 seconds the battery shuts down. Honestly, it's been so long since I've used it (I fly my P4Pro and Spark mostly) that I have forgotten how to turn this puppy on. Just in case it needs a charge I am charging it now. Does anyone know how to turn this thing on so it stays on ?? TIA.

With my maxx range antenna with amps, when you turn it on yes the blue lights on the battery turn off after 3-4 seconds but thats normal as long as the white LED's on the amps remain on your good to go.

Yup... I figured that out... Also trouble shot the issue... The receptacle where the power feed goes into the amp is bad. When the amp shuts off, if touch the end of the cable where the plug goes in to amp it will go on... but it always goes out when you let go. I had the same issue last year and received a new replacement from Jake. It's definitively not the cable as I have tried multiple cables which did not correct the issue. Interestingly, it's the left amp (the one with the power cable going in that you can pull out without removing the amp). That plug is more exposed than the right side amp. Thanks for you reply.. Hope you have a good summer and some great flights !!

Yeah where that left power feed goes into the amp, with mine i have to keep pushing it in every now and then seems to gradually work its way loose. cheers mate.

lil boss.. Did you get the on & off issue figured? Did it sell?
I've been researching lately.
Thanks for a reply.

Yes, it turned out to be a defective amp. The jack in the amp where the power wire from the battery goes went bad. The battery was fine. UAV sent me a new amp and everything works fine. This may be an ongoing issue with these amps, as this is the second replacement amp. The first one did the same thing. I have not put the P3Pro up for sale. I've been a combination of busy and lazy! If you or someone is interested in purchasing I'll get serious and come up with a price.

Oh, And Merry Christmas !!

PM me if ya like with a price.. I've got the P3P I've just been looking around for an entry level extended range antennae. Oh yeah......Merry Christmas to you too...
Steve

I'm confused.. Are you looking for an antenna setup or my complete P3Pro package which includes the P3Pro, GL300B transmitter (got from EBay), both UAV antennas.. the big one and the small one, 2 smaller "paddle" antennas, ONE P3 battery, and a HPRC 2700W case.

Just a range extender antennae.

Oh, I really don't want to break up my package. Take care Steve !!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31