Trouble with focus

• Thread starter Deleted member 27337
  • Start date
Tomas, forgive my lack of experience. I do not know how to take pictures at those different f-stops. Can you explain to me how to adjust between f/2.8, f/5.6 and f/8 and f/11? I'm getting ready to take these pictures for everyone to analyze. Thanks for all of your help.

Also, should i perform the same tests with my Mavic Pro? I want to make sure that both of my cameras are working properly.
While in camera mode, you will have three tabs, on the left-most tab you will find

AUTO A S M

Choose A

Then you will see ISO on the first line.

Choose 100 (not Auto)

The next line will say Aperture

Choose 2.8

Shutter will then be calculated automatically based on these values (and can be adjusted with the ev + / - on bottom.

That's it. Taking a picture now will be ISO 100 f/2.8

Edit: I see @AIRSPACE has posted a tutorial here:

Here's a question for you. Since getting the P4P I've had tack sharp images. Since the firmware upgrade my night images are not sharp and lights are hallowy. I've always used autofocus. I researched the P4P manual and find no reference to manual focus. Am I missing something here? I don't want to use manual focus.

Here's a question for you. Since getting the P4P I've had tack sharp images. Since the firmware upgrade my night images are not sharp and lights are hallowy. I've always used autofocus. I researched the P4P manual and find no reference to manual focus. Am I missing something here? I don't want to use manual focus.

Can you upload one of your tack sharp images?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I had problems with night shots after the latest firmware. It seems the Auto Focus will flash green even though it hasn't locked focus due to low light (I presume).

I used Manual focusing instead.

I will conduct a Manual Infinity vs Auto focus Infinity test, tomorrow hopefully. Will also test sharpness, -1 vs 0, using tree canopy as subject.

I had problems with night shots after the latest firmware. It seems the Auto Focus will flash green even though it hasn't locked focus due to low light (I presume).

I used Manual focusing instead.

I will conduct a Manual Infinity vs Auto focus Infinity test, tomorrow hopefully. Will also test sharpness, -1 vs 0, using tree canopy as subject.
Great. One of the best things for me with the new P4P was the night shots..

Great. One of the best things for me with the new P4P was the night shots..
They'll fix it..
I shot just shot night shots in Manual. It was great.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl