Reaction score
On my last landing the camera popped off and the ribbon cable broke. After (very carefully) replacing the Ribbon Cable and ensuring each shaft is in the proper orientation before re-assembling the Gimbal, my camera gives me the 'defcon' warning alarm when I power up.

When I power the quadcopter; after a couple second delay the gimbal engages and it appears the camera is trying to point straight upward - but after hitting its limit the warning alarm begins. That is what appears to be happening, anyhow, as the gimbal movement only lasts for a split second and then becomes completely 'limp'. The DJI Vision app will give me a 'Remove Gimbal Clamp' error as well.

To pinpoint the problem I need to know: Does the fact the camera warning alarm is working mean the ribbon connections are good, bad, or undetermined? Does the momentary movement of the gimbal indicate a good connection, bad connection, or undetermined?

In other words, I want to know if I can eliminate or pinpoint the ribbon cable connections as the problem. I was extremely careful installing it - and have checked and double-checked each connection and everything looks good. But, of course, common sense tells me the part I just replaced IS the problem. Just want to be sure before ripping it apart again.

Thank you for any help or advice anyone has to offer.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj