traveling with my P4

Reaction score
I just bought a trip to Cozumel,in Mexic. I live in Quebec,Canada. Do you think i might hane troubles traveling with my drone? Batteries problems???

Transporting lithium-ion batteries can be problematic and can vary from airline to airline and country to country. I know the rules in the US and for Delta airlines, you should look up the rules for the airline you're using and for both Canada and Mexico.

No trouble travelling to Mexico from Toronto with drone and secured batteries in my carry-on.
One time the agents asked me to pull the battery out so that they could swab it. I complied. He tested. Everything was good to go.
-Put the props and any projectile in your suitcase.
-Drain your battery to below 50%
-tape off the battery terminals with electrical tape
-wrap each battery in a plastic zip lock baggie
-place wrapped battery in Lipo bags purchased through Amazon.ca
Have fun flying in Mexico.
I'm looking forward to flying in Mexico again this March. I'll be staying midway Cancun and Playa Del Carmen.

As you will see, i'm french ! (Sorry for my poor writing) I am leaving for Puerto Vallarta in 2 weeks from now. I was preparing my trip based on the information i found 2 months a go on internet. But now, i just found out a new "uav" regulation for 2016 in Mexico. . I will be there for holiday for 1 week and i like to bring my P4 and bring back some image but i don't want any problem .

It look's a lot more strict and i'm not shure if i understand well what it mean by " when used to take aero-photographs " ?
Is this for commercial , particular or everyone ?

Here is the : " Mexican UAS Regulations Announced "
Mexican UAS Regulations Announced

Thank You for your understanding !

I went to Cancun last June spent one week. No problem with batteries from Florida. I flew all around the resort. I ask the manager, he said sure enjoy yourself. He did ask me not too hurt anyone. I called the Excrate show and they did say no, but not sure if I explained what I had. I flew me P3S. Since I got me a P4 love it

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers