Traveling from the US to Scottish Highlands

Reaction score
Been flying for about 5 years now, still loving it. Taking a Dream trip to Scotland. I need a little help, I’vea few questions!
Not about transport or flight regulations.

I will have little to no cell service, and only WiFi at accommodations.

What kind of set up do I need to do,ie software etc????

Can I just calibrate and fly? Is it that Easy?

It should be fine. You will have to load and cache the local maps before you loose contact with the web if you want to use them on your tablet or phone. You an fly without them, but they are nice to have.

It should be fine. You will have to load and cache the local maps before you loose contact with the web if you want to use them on your tablet or phone. You an fly without them, but they are nice to have.
Thanks, exactly what I couldn’t figure out, thanks so much David.

You'll be fine ... cache the maps at hotel ... then go fly ..... if you wish to calibrate -that's up to you but would not normally be necessary. If you get Compass warning - I suggest you power down and move a few metres and try again ... do not just immediately start calibrating.

Highlands ... hope the weather holds for you ... can be a bit damp and misty up there this time of year !!

You'll be fine ... cache the maps at hotel ... then go fly ..... if you wish to calibrate -that's up to you but would not normally be necessary. If you get Compass warning - I suggest you power down and move a few metres and try again ... do not just immediately start calibrating.

Highlands ... hope the weather holds for you ... can be a bit damp and misty up there this time of year !!
Thanks so much for the advice.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20