Travel airport security

If you need your equipment on location, why not ship your equipment by fedex, dhs, etc first and not mess with airport security. With the current security situation, why do you want to have the headaches.
For a one day trip, that's not a viable solution. Shippers have unexpected delays, too. The less time in transit, especially in the hands of third parties, the less likely it is to get "lost", stolen, or damaged. If it never leaves my hands, I know it will be safe. :cool: However, in the right situation, your solution is a good one.

Last edited:
Any problems with the flight attendants wanting to put your bag in the cargo hold because of lack of overhead bin space? Seems like every time I fly now , that's the first thing that happens.
Also , what are the dimensions of the Think Tank backpack ? I think most airlines have reduced the size of carry on luggage.
All airlines are different in overhead size compliance. The bag size isn't an FAA guideline, it's specified by each airline. THIS PAGE has the size limits for every airline, scroll to the bottom of the page. Generally speaking 22X14X9" or smaller is the size you want to comply with.

The Think Tank Helipak is 14” W x 20.5” H x 9” D. The price recently dropped to $200 if you buy direct from TT online

If you need your equipment on location, why not ship your equipment by fedex, dhs, etc first and not mess with airport security. With the current security situation, why do you want to have the headaches.
Depends on the country you are visiting ... here in ecuador making thus shipping may cost arround 400.00$ and they will charge for the taxes because they can't know if it's for you or for sale

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj