Transmission issue p3 advanced

Reaction score
Okay tried my first flight using video only today. Got out to 1900ft and was warned to turn back do to video failure. Video never failed or showed latency but I have questions.

1. What happens if I kept going out past 1900ft
2. What settings should I be using. Remember I'm really new at this. I do know that I am at 6mbps and set to auto for the channel.
3. What changes should I make in the settings to maximize distance?
4. Would it have just returned to home if video failed
5. Do maps and radar still operate once you lose video?

Thanks ahead of time for the help. The online chat is fantastic if you wish to be referred to the manual. Attached is the snapshot where the warning occurred but doesn't show up on flight log.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    902.6 KB · Views: 489
Looks like from where you were flying, the video signal might have improved if you increased altitude some-- looks like you had some trees that could have been blocking the video signal. Yes you can use the map, if you have it preloaded and that little radar screen is great-- I have used it to bring my drone back into sight a couple of times without launching RTH.

If you are still learning, don't experiment with distance and altitude to much until you become proficient with the P3. It is pretty unnerving if you don't know where it is and if it will return or have enough power to return.

The video failing will not necessarily make it return home--loss of video may be a precursor to loss of radio signal. If the controller still has signal to the receiver in the drone, you can fly it back with the map. Map flying is good practice. If the video fails you will want to get it back in sight or get it home:)

Wish you good luck with your flying!

Reactions: Neil b

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik