Training

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum and live in the north San Antonio area. Anyone know someone who can help me with some training?

I'm not in San Antonio, but it might be helpful for you to give more details on what type of "training" you are looking for.

Operation of the Phantom?
Airspace regulations?
Part 107?
Videography tips?
Photography?
Mapping?
Something else?

Training is a major issue. I am fairly new to this hobby and have spend many many hours on research/ self training and believe every hour spend on research further protects my investment and pleasure and so far it has paid off. The first couple of month are the critical month .

# 1 is patience.
#2 is knowing ur local regulations and in ur case us registration requirements.
#3 is knowing ur quads capabilities
There is no quick way. Man to man training may get u off the ground quickly but after that comes the real learning about ur particular quad from battery maintenance to use of onscreen information and safe airborne activity, meaning how to avoid crashes, because it only takes one bad crash to ground you.
Utube and Facebook are the best sources, learning from others and what not to do.
Camera, Gimbal, Camera settings are secondary. Learn to fly safe first.
There will be fun on the learning curve if approached with patience.
I am in the uk and weather is another factor. Wish I had ur sunshine.
Happy flying.

Reactions: loonie01
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! My biggest advice for beginners is take it slow, fly in a open area until you are familiar. If you find yourself getting in trouble just stop and the drone will hover there, slowly re-orient yourself and bring it back to you slowly. Fly safe and have fun!

When I started flying with a P34K (now a P4 Standard) my biggest issue was flying towards me. The controls were flipped (right is left and left is right). I almost hit a few trees a couple of times. Find an open field to fly and get use to the controls. Have a buddy (spotter) with you so you don't get distracted by other people.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures