Tradecraft ToughCase X3 Pre-orders, Same Size case as XRV+?

Reaction score
I love my ToughCase XRV+ for my Phantom 2 Vision +. I am currently selling my P2V+ and upgrading to a P3. Do you think trade craft is going to make a brand new case or just make a new foam insert for the P3? Contemplating on keeping or selling the case.

The P2 and P3 are very close in size, so it's possible that it might fit. It really comes down to out much wiggle room you have in your case now.

Got a knife? You'll likely have to cut it for the wider spread of the landing gear. As long as you have a little vertical height available you should be ok, P3 sounds like it's up to a 1/4" taller than the P2V+.

I have the same case and love it. The P3 is about 1cm wider and 2.5cm taller, that's .5cm on each side which will likely fit. I think the problem will be with the height since there is no foam to cut out of the base (it was already done in order to fit the +), so we might end up having to remove the props... bummer since that's the reason I bought the case in the first place -- not having to remove props. It all depends on how much pressure there is on the props w/ the lid closed. Since I'm keeping my P2V+, I'll just wait for the P3 to arrive before deciding to get another case. And yes, I would bet that Tradecraft will make a P3 case... there's $$ to be made.

I had asked Dronesetc about this last night as I'm planning the same change that you are. I got the "it might work but we can't tell you it will" answer. I'm ok with having to remove foam but putting it back in places might be an issue. The Phantom need to be tight in the case since I ship this thing through the mail on occasion.....

I contacted Tradecraft today. They said hopefully the P3 will fit the current P2v+ case and they would just make new foam available for existing customers.

Your p3 link doesnt work. The newer cases had a thinner top egg crate foam that will allow the new p3 to fit just fine with props on .We are talking MM here as seen in this photo of both my birds side by side. However that said I would not store either of my birds long term with the props on, as it will effect the bend on the plastic prop, it take 5 seconds take them off if storing after done for the day.I Just want the new custom cut out rather than butchering my current one.
PLEASE WHEN WILL THEY SHIP AND PLEASE MAKE JUST THE FOAM CUT OUT AVALIABLE.
To pilfer a famous willy wonko line. I want a a phantom case I want a phantom case nnnnoooow

IMG_1224.JPG
IMG_1216.JPG

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers