Trade-up Using DJI Trade Up

Reaction score
For credit toward a newer model of DJI product, the DJI trade-up program offers credit for a new DJI product by trading in an older model; the cost for you to ship to them is free (they will email you a shipping label). I sent a Phantom 3 standard with an unused float kit, two new batteries and four propeller guards (with eight serviceable propellers), charger, cables, transmitter, prop hub guards and the minor accessory kit. Their initial estimate was 97.00$US. The a/c has about four very local flights and is low time.

I sent the gear and their reply was yep, we'll give you credit for a new DJI device in the amount of 27.50(?)! Mind you I would have to pay $35 to $40 to have my gear returned. I have a number of aircraft in my fleet and have owned this P3 since early 2016. It has been "For Sale" in a couple of forums for 18 months(?), but I wanted to warn you about the trade-up program. I am Part 107 certified. My hindsight is your 20-20 vision, I hope.

Thanks for reading.

VB77

For credit toward a newer model of DJI product, the DJI trade-up program offers credit for a new DJI product by trading in an older model; the cost for you to ship to them is free (they will email you a shipping label). I sent a Phantom 3 standard with an unused float kit, two new batteries and four propeller guards (with eight serviceable propellers), charger, cables, transmitter, prop hub guards and the minor accessory kit. Their initial estimate was 97.00$US. The a/c has about four very local flights and is low time.

I sent the gear and their reply was yep, we'll give you credit for a new DJI device in the amount of 27.50(?)! Mind you I would have to pay $35 to $40 to have my gear returned. I have a number of aircraft in my fleet and have owned this P3 since early 2016. It has been "For Sale" in a couple of forums for 18 months(?), but I wanted to warn you about the trade-up program. I am Part 107 certified. My hindsight is your 20-20 vision, I hope.

Thanks for reading.

VB77
That sounds like Apple Inc‘s sell back program! Recdived an estimate - sent in iPad - they sent quote of $0

Thanks for reading.

VB77
That's disgraceful you could sell yours not working drone alone for more than that a blatant RIP off

For that money, I'd give the kit to a youngster who's keen to get into the hobby, or just fly it like you stole it and risk crashes. Way more fun than a few dollars.

Unless a crash hurts anyone, but I get your drift.

Thanks for reading.

VB77
Well that's a nice way to rip you off, tell you we will give you this send it in then when they get their hands on it they got you by the batteries! What a rip off thanks for the heads up. ???

Yeah, lucky to get 10% for a trade in program. That wasn't "free" shipping...that was $40+ taken off the $97 "estimate". Cheap bastages.

Reactions: Jim Canada

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers