Trade in

• Thread starter Deleted member 62848
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 62848

Wow this in my emails,
Option to trade in drone for another,,,,AUTEL...interesting ,,,do these things fly OK,, does say never requires a update or is this a selfy picture drone
Screenshot_20190726-082703.jpg
Screenshot_20190726-082745.jpg

Reactions: Ansia
The only one I have ever had any experience with was a friends X-Star. It flew just as well as my P3. Can't offer anything on the newer models.
x-star-premium-1.png

I own an Evo. Like @Fly Dawg said, they are just variants of a similar DJI product. The X Star is a variant of the Phantom 3 Standard, X Star Premium of the Phantom 3 Pro and the Evo of the Mavic Pro.

It is a great drone and I enjoy it very much. If you are curious about it, you can always hop to autelpilots.com and browse those forums. They are filled with useful info on their drones.

2173.jpg

I wonder if this be tradable item,,,,one of the world's smallest drones,,,can't even find new props they so small,,I have them somewhere ,,this thing is insane
1564089068552725988458.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Ansia
These are the modela they are currently accepting
Opera Snapshot_2019-07-21_071059_auteldrones.com.png

And if you are curious about the camera quality. Here is a video I made for a fellow Evo pilot.

I own an Evo. Like @Fly Dawg said, they are just variants of a similar DJI product. The X Star is a variant of the Phantom 3 Standard, X Star Premium of the Phantom 3 Pro and the Evo of the Mavic Pro.

It is a great drone and I enjoy it very much. If you are curious about it, you can always hop to autelpilots.com and browse those forums. They are filled with useful info on their drones.

View attachment 113230
Thanks good info,,I did join another forum yesterday,,you think I can remember what it called NO,,man my memory has fallen out the tree,,it was about these drones so must have been,,I know it was blue,,gosh that bad when can't think of yesterday,meds have done damage.

Thanks good info,,I did join another forum yesterday,,you think I can remember what it called NO,,man my memory has fallen out the tree,,it was about these drones so must have been,,I know it was blue,,gosh that bad when can't think of yesterday,meds have done damage.
Is this the new forum you joined yesterday?

I may have to invest in one of those birds, so I can start posting in there.
Its a bit befuddling to me as to why create another site as that when it already exists. Other than to add the "minor" players within the drone manufacturers which could just as easily been added to the Drone Pilots Network. Really does not make much sense to me. Just personal opinion. Maybe @clackey could give a better explanation. Unless, there is a plan for a "switch over" for everything. I saw that the other day and said " What?" Why?

Its a bit befuddling to me as to why create another site as that when it already exists. Other than to add the "minor" players within the drone manufacturers which could just as easily been added to the Drone Pilots Network. Really does not make much sense to me. Just personal opinion. Maybe @clackey could give a better explanation. Unless, there is a plan for a "switch over" for everything. I saw that the other day and said " What?" Why?
Yeh I myself thought this but the free drone attracted me and sort of questions why we pay to support this forum,,bit strange to support this one and jump ship over there

I believe @clackey's intent is to bring the minor player pilots into the forums. The DJI section of that page only links to the already existing forums, so you wont be seeing any DJI drone talk in that section. In my opinion, it's a good idea. If you are a fan or a lesser known drone, you would likely want to converse with people who share your interests and exchange ideas and knowledge. Just like we do in here.

There are so many drone manufacturers out there, so I believe it's easier to make a forum that includes as many manfacturers as possible. If a following emerges, I believe that @clackey would create an independent forum for that manufacturer/drone model.

Last edited:
The DJI section of that page only links to the already existing forums, so you wont be seeing any DJI drone talk in that section.
My point was this....They are already available and you wont see DJI talk in most of these anyway,

PILOTS.PNG

Option to trade in drone for another,,,,AUTEL...interesting
DJI also has a trade-in program but the $$ offered aren't very attractive.
You email Autel to find out what they are offering.
do these things fly OK,, does say never requires a update or is this a selfy picture drone
They fly OK but don't match DJI's camera developments - no 1 inch sensor, no variable aperture.
Also no SDK for professional use in mapping.

btw .. you can also fly your DJI drone without updating

Also no SDK for professional use in mapping.
The SDK is out there, but there are no takers, since there aren't many Evo pilots to justify R&D. Autel's approach to this, was to create a mission area within the Explorer app. It does the job kinda, but it isn't as polished as Pix4D, DD, GS Pro, etc.

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

We've found that members really want to associate with a community that has the most tightly aligned interests. So, mustang owners want to be in the mustang forum, not the car forum or the ford form where people are talking about the ford focus, etc.. The phantom and mavic forums are successful because the members there share a common affinity for their drones and there is less drama around phantom vs mavic, etc...

The challenge is that it takes a certain size of the community to be sustainable. None of those smaller drone manufacturers can justify a forum on its own. So, our goal was to pull them all together into one forum, with a similar demographic, people spending $100-$300 on drones. If one of them ever really takes off then we could spin it out into its own separate community.

It is a challenge to find the right balance between separate forums vs combining them all. If you've spent any time over at RCgroups you can see the challenges around combining everything into one massive forum.

We realize there are some inconveniences with joining a separate forum but we believe is also creates opportunities to get to know a bunch of new people as well.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

C.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TK-62119