Tracker?

this what i use.
30 miles in the air.
3 miles on the ground.

Well went lookin for a pay as you ho phone card with a sim card here in canada nobody has them as far as the info i got and was told they didnt even know if that would work in canada anyone using a tracker in canada if so what and how?

i got nothin for canada bro - but i just got a 102 last night, charging the batt'ys now. ~$25 USD on blamazon. this looks like the cheap bastard way to get tracking. i hope you can find an equivalent for CAN.

- saylor
20150611_085830.jpg

Squid,

You got your tracker yet buddy? Or have you shelfed the idea now.

I got myself one of these;)
image.jpg

Only problem... Cost me a lot in food, vets bills poo bags & now ain't got time to fly cos Im always out walking the bloody thing:(

Dont know how about phantom, but it was proven thant these GPS trackers cause plenty of crashes when flying gliders in my fpv community. Its becouse of gsm interference, so be carfull flying with that.

nice point there I didn't even think of that. there goes mounting this directly on top of the craft. I saw a pic of a drone where the owner made a pouch across the back legs to hold the tk102. ****, more stuff to study :)

No tracker yet clampit everyone i talk to down here doesnt seem to know how to get them to work so guess i gotta get busy training our 2 house dogs to sniff it out if i lose it lol

No tracker yet clampit everyone i talk to down here doesnt seem to know how to get them to work so guess i gotta get busy training our 2 house dogs to sniff it out if i lose it lol

Yep same as me then in my last post;)

Trackimo for me. I have been driving it around in the truck right now to see what it will do.
Small, light, good battery life so far.
59.00 for the device.....6.00 a month for service.
Going to have the wife put it out in tall grass for me, then I will go on a hunt.
It gives lat and the long......so we will see if I can pinpoint it. A little **** in the testing phase I guess, but if it flies off, I want it back !

Hi just read the comments on here regarding a tracker device as it happens I have just purchased one with the following spec GPS GRPS GSM tracking unit using SMS network ( I am using a pay as you go SIM card so the running cost is only when you call it for it to give you its location) the unit is very small the size of two standard postage stamps laid side by side and most importantly very light so should not reduce flying time and uses very low power consumption can use a button battery to make the system self contained. When this system is fitted and perfected I will pass on the details of all work and components used.

For Canada, like everywhere else, the RFV-16 is considered the best tracker for size and flexibility.
It only works properly on 2g, I believe that limits you to the Rogers network. Problem is that Canada is geared towards postpay so prepay is expensive. i stole the sim out of my wife's ipad for my tracker, she hasn't noticed yet since I set it up to hotspot to her iphone!

Flytrex is another option...

Dont know how about phantom, but it was proven thant these GPS trackers cause plenty of crashes when flying gliders in my fpv community. Its becouse of gsm interference, so be carfull flying with that.
I do know about the phantom and no problem as long as ya mount it right .

nice point there I didn't even think of that. there goes mounting this directly on top of the craft. I saw a pic of a drone where the owner made a pouch across the back legs to hold the tk102. ****, more stuff to study :)
J Dot made what I think you speak of and if you look in P2V mods ya see a bunch of his cool stuff !!
5125669F-65BC-4BBC-957B-127E81E36F0E_zps7yiygrbe.gif

How I have mine mounted
Mia.jpg

Last edited:
Well went lookin for a pay as you ho phone card with a sim card here in canada nobody has them as far as the info i got and was told they didnt even know if that would work in canada anyone using a tracker in canada if so what and how?
Ask in GD Squid as more will see it bro ! :):D:):D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.