Torture.

Reaction score
Okay, I'll admit it, this waiting is killing me. I know, I know, I need to stay busy, not think about my P3, it being just one of hundreds stacked on a pallet in the bowels of some ship somewhere in the middle of an ocean.

I understand that and I have stayed busy; I have painted the fence, not once, but twice, and have even been reduced to painting the TRELLIS! Believe me, things have to be bad when, just to keep your mind off something, you're prepared to paint twenty yards of wooden trellis with a 1" brush! Did it help? Not a bit.

I even resorted to weeding the garden, an act that resulted in my better half, with a look of mounting concern on her face, feeling my forehead for signs of fever.

This waiting for confirmation of shipping is pure torture.

Even my dogs are suffering now. Fit and filled with boundless energy, I have walked them so often to take my mind off the Phantom, they now hide in the kennel when they hear me coming.

I started to weaken at the beginning of this week, convincing myself that the Inspire wasn't that expensive after all; and that, if I ordered it immediately, with it already being in stock, I could be up and flying a new bird with all of the Phantom 3's attributes in a couple of days.

Well, maybe not a couple of days. After She Who Must Be Obeyed found out, I might be able to fly it in a couple of days, splinted fingers and a swollen shut eye allowing, but the swelling and bruising would take at least a week to subside.

I decided the Inspire route wasn't such a good plan after all. Try as I might to convince myself otherwise, I knew in my heart of hearts that she'd see through the lie that the new Inspire was, in fact, my old P2V and that, using some old plastic broom handles, I had cleverly converted it to look like a Clingon Bird of Prey. The retractable undercarriage would have given it away. I'm clever, but I'm not that clever.

And the mention of a broom handle might just have given her an even better idea...(wincing).

So I now find myself here, in this virtual room, in this chair, confessing to you all that I have a problem, that I am now an officially registered P3 phantomoholic, and that it's threatening to take over my whole life, that this waiting for news of delivery is..is...it's no use, I'm gonna have to take the dogs for another walk...now what did I do with that paintbrush...ROVER...FIDO...!

Last edited:
Hah - that made me smile! I also have patience issues.... It is a pain having to wait longer than Amazon Prime delivery.....but hey we'll curse DJI as soon as we get it anyway for some reason or other !!!!

I sold my P2V+ to fund my P3 order!! My remedy is to get something like my Blade 350QX which I fly every day and is sooooooo much fun.

It's small consolation but it doesn't half move....... you can sling it all over the shop and because of its price you can do things with it that you'd never do with a Phantom:)

Reactions: dysan911
Sounds like the house is ready to be videoed your first job is ready to be droned.

My first P2V+ was stuck for WEEKS in Customs and at one point I thought I'd never see it. That was TORTURE!.

Sounds like the house is ready to be videoed your first job is ready to be droned.

What's made it even worse is the fact that the weather here in the Highlands has been perfect all this week, with high pressure predominating. Perfect light and perfect flying conditions. Now all that is about to end, with snow on the high ground forecast.

But I'm looking on the bright side; with a worsening of the weather, than can only mean a delivery date is moving closer.

What's made it even worse is the fact that the weather here in the Highlands has been perfect all this week, with high pressure predominating. Perfect light and perfect flying conditions. Now all that is about to end, with snow on the high ground forecast.

But I'm looking on the bright side; with a worsening of the weather, than can only mean a delivery date is moving closer.
Aahh well that explains it... if you lived in downtown LA you'd probably have it by now but the Highlands of Scotalnd well, it's because Nicola Sturgeon has probably levied an import tax on all Chinese goods :)

Reactions: happydays
Greyfox 51, I think your wasting your time being a Phantom Pilot, you should turn to professional writing. Your narrative was very perceptive and conveyed in a sense what the rest of us waiting are feeling.

I sold my P2V+ to fund my P3 order!! My remedy is to get something like my Blade 350QX which I fly every day and is sooooooo much fun.

I have since re-discovered the fun and thrill of flying the little Hubson. It's definitely therapeutic.

Greyfox 51, I think your wasting your time being a Phantom Pilot, you should turn to professional writing. Your narrative was very perceptive and conveyed in a sense what the rest of us waiting are feeling.

Thanks - and I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one poised on the very brink of crazy. Roll on delivery day.

No dolphin pictures please...long story my mom wanted a dolphin in a kilt...looked all over London asking shop keepers... Boy did I fall for that one...

I have since re-discovered the fun and thrill of flying the little Hubson. It's definitely therapeutic.
....you really need to get something a bit meatier - I have a Hubsan but I have to say that the Blade 350QX (for a non camera Quad) is the best slinging around the sky fun I can imagine.....

I understand that and I have stayed busy; I have painted the fence, not once, but twice, and have even been reduced to painting the TRELLIS! Believe me, things have to be bad when, just to keep your mind off something, you're prepared to paint twenty yards of wooden trellis with a 1" brush! Did it help? Not a bit.

I started to weaken at the beginning of this week, convincing myself that the Inspire wasn't that expensive after all; and that, if I ordered it immediately, with it already being in stock, I could be up and flying a new bird with all of the Phantom 3's attributes in a couple of days.

I also have been painting fences and also looking at the Inspire .. just haven't had the balls to commit to the credit card yet

Missus would kill me Lol

It's cause they wear kilts in Scotland - too much oxygen around their bits....

Don't knock it, there's nothing wrong with having a good flow of oxygen around your bits, just as long as the midges aren't out. Otherwise, well, that really would be torture!

I also have been painting fences

Oh, Mikee, I can't tell you how much better that makes me feel. Please, you're amongst friends, draw up a chair and confess all, you'll feel so much better afterwards.

Okay, I'll admit it, this waiting is killing me. I know, I know, I need to stay busy, not think about my P3, it being just one of hundreds stacked on a pallet in the bowels of some ship somewhere in the middle of an ocean.

I even resorted to weeding the garden, an act that resulted in my better half, with a look of mounting concern on her face, feeling my forehead for signs of fever.

This waiting for confirmation of shipping is pure torture.

Even my dogs are suffering now. Fit and filled with boundless energy, I have walked them so often to take my mind off the Phantom, they now hide in the kennel when they hear me coming.

Well, maybe not a couple of days. After She Who Must Be Obeyed found out, I might be able to fly it in a couple of days, splinted fingers and a swollen shut eye allowing, but the swelling and bruising would take at least a week to subside.

I decided the Inspire route wasn't such a good plan after all. Try as I might to convince myself otherwise, I knew in my heart of hearts that she'd see through the lie that the new Inspire was, in fact, my old P2V and that, using some old plastic broom handles, I had cleverly converted it to look like a Clingon Bird of Prey. The retractable undercarriage would have given it away. I'm clever, but I'm not that clever.

And the mention of a broom handle might just have given her an even better idea...(wincing).

So I now find myself here, in this virtual room, in this chair, confessing to you all that I have a problem, that I am now an officially registered P3 phantomoholic, and that it's threatening to take over my whole life, that this waiting for news of delivery is..is...it's no use, I'm gonna have to take the dogs for another walk...now what did I do with that paintbrush...ROVER...FIDO...!

My first post on this forum is to thank you for making me smile and laugh. Great narrative. You deserve you P3 ASAP.

Reactions: Greyfox51

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic