Torture.

I spent the entire day today building a new gate, and repairing another one, helped the wife plant some shrubs, and move others. Now I am sitting in front of this computer with a cold beer hoping to see good news... but alas, still no love from DJI

While I didn't buy it because I expected to be waiting on a P3P, I do have a +V2 without a gimbal/camera that I bought so I could practice in manual and do some close-proximity flying. So I am not phantom-less - and maybe one day the gimbal/camera will come down in price so I can do a retro-fit...

There's talk now of deliveries being delayed until May. That being the case, look for me in France. By then I would have completely lost it and will be painting the Eiffel Tower...

I completely understand this thread, It's all about distraction, I get so frustrated in choosing which one of the four Phantoms I will pick for today's flight (sigh) or should I just wait till the new one arrives.
Should I even buy one myself, so hard. I too feel the pain, sort of, maybe (smile placed here)

Mow the lawns a lot

edit: Disclaimer: that looked like I was a rich ****, I'm poor and rely on others

i really find it hard to believe grown men can get this excited but hey I'm not nocking you for it and i suppose its good when people find an interest they really like, hope your new phantoms turn out to be all that you was hoping for and bring you much enjoyment.

Grown men?

Forgive him, edonovani, he clearly doesn't know. GB Phantom, when you wake up one morning and suddenly realise you have far more Life behind you than remains in front, two things happen; the first is Time seems to move very much faster, with spring, summer, autumn and winter arriving and passing much faster than before.

The second thing that happens is you slip into what is loosely termed one's 2nd childhood, whereupon all the things that you wanted to do, but didn't have the money to do before, like indulging one's desire for owning and playing with expensive toys, suddenly becomes possible.

Of course, the time thing plays its part, the 'I want it now factor' sometimes leading to bouts of childish petulance and impatience. When I feel just such a bout coming on, if the paintbrush thing doesn't work, I go into town and have a coffee or a beer, watch the girls passing and leer at their butts. Such things are expected of the old, so it is semi-respectable pastime, just as long as you don't make it too obvious. There are some benefits to getting old, apart from the free bus pass...:)

Old? Maybe. Grown men? Nah, I don't think so.

Forgive him, edonovani, he clearly doesn't know. GB Phantom, when you wake up one morning and suddenly realise you have far more Life behind you than remains in front, two things happen; the first is Time seems to move very much faster, with spring, summer, autumn and winter arriving and passing much faster than before.

The second thing that happens is you slip into what is loosely termed one's 2nd childhood, whereupon all the things that you wanted to do, but didn't have the money to do before, like indulging one's desire for owning and playing with expensive toys, suddenly becomes possible.

Of course, the time thing plays its part, the 'I want it now factor' sometimes leading to bouts of childish petulance and impatience. When I feel just such a bout coming on, if the paintbrush thing doesn't work, I go into town and have a coffee or a beer, watch the girls passing and leer at their butts. Such things are expected of the old, so it is semi-respectable pastime, just as long as you don't make it too obvious. There are some benefits to getting old, apart from the free bus pass...:)

Old? Maybe. Grown men? Nah, I don't think so.

There may have been a better way of saying this but I don't know it..On the mark :)

Reactions: Greyfox51
Ok, gotcha! enjoy your phantoms then while times still left lol but at your age's don't you think you should be at home in your rocking chair smoking a pipe in your slippers. ha ha ha ha ha ha

"in your rocking chair smoking a pipe in your slippers."

Are you watching

You know that is the perfect way to fly a phantom, you missed the side table with a bottle of Old Style Jim Beam

"in your rocking chair smoking a pipe in your slippers."

Are you watching

You know that is the perfect way to fly a phantom, you missed the side table with a bottle of Old Style Jim Beam

Yeah and the nagging old bird upstairs shouting "put your chopper away its time for bed"

Right on all counts, guys, the only correction being my favourite tipple. Living here in the Highlands, the very centre of distilling country, I am pretty much spoilt for choice. But, if pressed, I would have to confess to Glenmorangie being my first choice, with an Islay malt being a close second.

Nothing better than sitting in your rocking chair with a dram by your side, a Phantom and two full batteries and flying by the seat of your pants! I haven't summoned up the courage yet, but before I die, the execution of a loop-the-loop with the Phantom, followed by a barrel roll would be some wicked achievement. Then I could die a happy old man. :)

74166d3b02a4c975d681b123efbf0b41dd13325779d5d043fee95471e9efe321.jpg

-The-Dog-Is-Waiting-LOL-MEME.jpg

NO. Read the threads you newbie dunderhead. Then go over to the newbie section, read a while the posts over there when you get to 100 posts come back and post something useful!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj