Top range

Reaction score
What is the best range experience ever with your Phantom 3 standard? With or without extenders...

The most I've tried is 1500 feet with and without a windsurfer. Can barely see it at that distance and if you look down at your mobile device, it's hard to find again when you look back up...

The most I've tried is 1500 feet with and without a windsurfer. Can barely see it at that distance and if you look down at your mobile device, it's hard to find again when you look back up...

Ha haaa this thing happens to me too. That's why I usually fly long distance at night. We can see the flashing LEDs. But I think P3S can do better.....

I've flown out 1500 feet many times and no glitches. I'm sure it can do more, with and without windsurfer...

Reactions: sajindra
I've gotten about 2400ft with the MagicPower mod and a windsurfer.

This was in a heavily populated suburb with plenty of interfering wifi networks [emoji3]

**Just over 900ft with no modifications**

Reactions: dazzer
What is the best range experience ever with your Phantom 3 standard? With or without extenders...

I'm a new drone flyer, didnt tested the maximum range with my P3S (not yet), but before you lose the contact you lose
the life video feed about aprox 500m, so you just have the radar left (almost blind in this situation), thats why i prefer litchi waypoints if i can't reach something manualy, this way i can fly so far, far away until my battery is empty ;)

Nedo

Around 3200 feet...over a lake with little interference..using a windsurfer...

5200 feet. Don't recall if I had a cheap surfer on or not. I was out in a rural area, absolutely no one around. I chickened out at that distance.

e3f7e90113b451783ec71a580590e4de.jpg

16000' running linear polarized DBS panel with Sunhans amplifiers

I used to bring mine back after about 3500 ft stock.... now I'm flying out to just shy of a mile with the Argtek package [5.8 dipole for control, flats for 2.4 fpv]. I could easily go farther, but that's the "far enough for me" to be comfortable point. Still has strong control signal, with fpv starting to lag some at those distances.
Glad i have super-duper 20/15 vision or I'd have trouble maintaining los at night (ahem).

Now, how's about top speed achieved? 58.6mph for me thus far!
If i can figure out how to get a screenshot saved to my google drive to display here like yall are, I'll post it. [Tips appreciated]

Reactions: Rohanm
15,000+ft on my P3S. I was using an amplified Argtek setup and did this over a lake with little to no interference. In a wifi congested neighborhood it's a TOOOTALY different story. 1500 ft on a good day.

That one was almost 14,000. My smart RTH kept automatically kicking in..I disabled it after that video. ITELITE antennae mod.
I should also add this was over farms. So it's optimal for range

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4