Took my P3S out today, it's been a while

Reaction score
I haven't had much time lately to fly my P3S, but my kids got out of school early today for Christmas break and they had some friends over so I thought I'd give it go.

Temperatures have been colder this week, but it's around 50 degrees today and sunny. I charged everything up, and was prompted for the firmware update which went fairly quickly. Took it outside and calibrated the compass and took off.

I knew it was a little windy, but I didn't think it was as windy as it appeared with the P3S. It was blowing around quite a bit, definitely the windiest I've had it out in. I only flew it around until the battery was around 60% and my hands were cold and the wind just kept gusting. My kid's friends were duly impressed so my job was done. :)

Is 60% a reasonable place to leave the battery at level wise, or should I try to discharge it more?

Last edited:
I haven't had much time lately to fly my P3S, but my kids got out of school early today for Christmas break and they had some friends over so I thought I'd give it go.

Temperatures have been colder this week, but it's around 50 degrees today and sunny. I charged everything up, and was prompted for the firmware update which went fairly quickly. Took it outside and calibrated the compass and took off.

I knew it was a little windy, but I didn't think it was as windy as it appeared with the P3S. It was blowing around quite a bit, definitely the windiest I've had it out in. I only flew it around until the battery was around 60% and my hands were cold and the wind just kept gusting. My kid's friends were duly impressed so my job was done. :)

Is 60% a reasonable place to leave the battery at level wise, or should I try to discharge it more?
50-65% is perfect, 30% is low if you are not planning on recharging for a day.

Hello Sir!
As long as the battery is below 65%, You have absolutly nothing to fear..

I have attatched a file of the manual, and it seems like the P3S' discharge function stops at the point of 65% :)

Attachments

• Battery.jpg
    Battery.jpg
    352.8 KB · Views: 381

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl