Tonight's light painting with a drone

Reaction score
Couldn't stand to be flying long tonight with a wind at 22 deg F, but I did manage to get a couple of shots.
IMG_0972w.jpg

I've mounted lights on the drone and photograph with my dslr which is on a tripod. The camera is set on bulb which opens the shutter until I think I've captured the image then close the shutter. Very little has been done in post processing of the image.

Reactions: IslaJim
First time I have seen this type of thing. Dude you are very clever and talented. Props to you and guys like you.
My artistry is with wood. With drones my focus is on not crashing!

First time I have seen this type of thing. Dude you are very clever and talented. Props to you and guys like you.
My artistry is with wood. With drones my focus is on not crashing!
Thanks Stumpy! My artistry is with photography and my focus is not crashing the drone!

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Maddy........you sure have very impressed us all......Thank you for the picture shares and the idea too...Keep them coming as i love to see the variations !

Reactions: Maddy
Maddy........you sure have very impressed us all......Thank you for the picture shares and the idea too...Keep them coming as i love to see the variations !
Thanks MCMan. I plan on doing much more and ideas keep coming. Just wish it wasn't so darn cold at night. Couldn't even feel the shutter button last night.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
If willing, can you say more about installing lights?
What kind, where on drone, etc.?
What about lights already on drone (P4P+, that is...)?

I am surprised the amber ground lights (street lamps or homes?)
aren't a lot brighter...

Thanks MCMan. I plan on doing much more and ideas keep coming. Just wish it wasn't so darn cold at night. Couldn't even feel the shutter button last night.

Hey Maddy, get thin gloves, especially helpful in cold wind. You can get some that are touch-screen sensitive, but most of the touch-screen stuff can be done before take off. Then it's just stick and shutter control while flying.

Also, hand warmers. The hand warmers can go in the gloves, or they can go in your jacket pocket for those moments when you don't need your hand (one hand at a time of course, which doesn't happen much with drone flying, I admit).

Thin gloves and hand warmers are cheap at Costco (though they're thinking of summer inventory at this point).

At the very least, wear gloves before you fly and while the craft is down for a battery or light change, and only take them off when you need to.

COOL LIGHTS!

Chris

If willing, can you say more about installing lights?
What kind, where on drone, etc.?
What about lights already on drone (P4P+, that is...)?

I am surprised the amber ground lights (street lamps or homes?)
aren't a lot brighter...
The lighting still has me concerned as to stability issues that I'm still working out.
Those lights you see in the background are house lights across a lake about a mile away.

Hey Maddy, get thin gloves, especially helpful in cold wind. You can get some that are touch-screen sensitive, but most of the touch-screen stuff can be done before take off. Then it's just stick and shutter control while flying.

Also, hand warmers. The hand warmers can go in the gloves, or they can go in your jacket pocket for those moments when you don't need your hand (one hand at a time of course, which doesn't happen much with drone flying, I admit).

Thin gloves and hand warmers are cheap at Costco (though they're thinking of summer inventory at this point).

At the very least, wear gloves before you fly and while the craft is down for a battery or light change, and only take them off when you need to.

COOL LIGHTS!

Chris
I wear glittons and try to be by the truck heater as much as possible. Thin gloves from costco had a tendency of hanging up on the joy sticks. Warmer weather is starting to happen.
Thanks for the compliment!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic