Tired of waiting on DJI Order

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm new to the site here. About 2 months ago my work bought a Phantom 2V+ and I got to be the lucky one to learn it and try it out first. After watching videos and reading up on forums I finally took the leap and flew it all over and being extremely careful. I got some nice footage of the Canadian north where I live, but sadly had to return the Phantom back to work.

Now I've got the bug, since then and as of June 17th, 2015 I placed an order for my own Phantom 3 Advanced bundled backpack and spare battery. As of today June 6th its still marked as not shipped but payment was accepted. I ordered another spare battery from Amazon and a short iPad cable to connect to the controller and they've already shipped and will probably be here before my Phantom will be.

Does DJI always take this long to ship their products? Feels like forever!!!

This is very typical for the latest DJI products. It'll most likely continue until their supply exceeds their demand.

Same here. Ordered a battery and hard backpack 6/9 and had that "not shipped" message forever. I actually tried the chat feature and got to talk with someone one evening and they apologized profusely. She said she would talk to the shipping department and see if they could expedite the shipment when items were ready. They shipped within 3 days after that and received them three days later. It is my observation that they seem to ship only once a month. Usually at the end of the month.

I got my from a dealer, called in the moring and picked up that afternoon that was in may when the P-3 came out. Ordered an extar battery in june got in two weeks. You might cancell your order and check with our local dealer.

Hey all, I'm new to the site here. About 2 months ago my work bought a Phantom 2V+ and I got to be the lucky one to learn it and try it out first. After watching videos and reading up on forums I finally took the leap and flew it all over and being extremely careful. I got some nice footage of the Canadian north where I live, but sadly had to return the Phantom back to work.

Now I've got the bug, since then and as of June 17th, 2015 I placed an order for my own Phantom 3 Advanced bundled backpack and spare battery. As of today June 6th its still marked as not shipped but payment was accepted. I ordered another spare battery from Amazon and a short iPad cable to connect to the controller and they've already shipped and will probably be here before my Phantom will be.

Does DJI always take this long to ship their products? Feels like forever!!!
I believe my initial day of hitting the dji submit purchase date was June 2, 2015. Here is the link to my waiting period. http://www.phantompilots.com/thread...dji-to-ship-your-p3p.42757/page-2#post-403564

Usually the phantom itself might be expected within a couple of weeks, I eventually cancelled a battery order after 6 weeks waiting - and got them from a dealer in 2 days.
I felt they had a very cavalier attitude to direct sales and would put your order on hold indefinitely with no communication - while sending the same item to dealers.
There are other advantages from using a dealer especially if something goes wrong under warranty, or the package arrives damaged (not unheard of).

If you can locate what you want from a dealer for immediate despatch it would be worth cancelling, because they can have you in limbo for weeks and don't seem much bothered.

Reactions: Turdle
I would cancel the order and place a new one with just about anyone except DJI.

I bought mine off eBay from "TheCameraBox" the day they were released and received it 2 days later.

If anyone else is facing this issue, here's a list of Phantoms that are in stock by authorized DJI dealers and being shipped via Amazon Prime:
https://www.phantomhelp.com/Available

If you're not familiar with Amazon Prime, that means the Phantoms are being shipped by Amazon in two business days -- or one day if you pay a little extra.

Reactions: tundrastruck
Yep. Just for reference I ordered a spare battery on 6/9 and it shipped 7/3.
ordered my case & extra battery on 6/6, and they arrived this morning (7/6). 'Not sure if this was an availability issue or just general pokey-ness. But it is considered good business practice to ensure your vendors can fill their own customer backorders before starting to ship customer backorders ordered directly, so I lean towards an availability issue since so many vendors are now getting product.

Tried chatting to them online and was told it would ship 15 to 20 business days from purchase. So as of now technically July 8th will be the 15th business day since I ordered it... I'm gonna hold out till Friday this week to see if it ships. Then look at my options. No local dealers here as I live in a very remote part of the country where it's fly in fly out only and no roads except for the roads in town here. It's too bad DJI can't pick up the pace with supply and demand, especially in the Tech Repair department to. From what the forum shows is that DJI is not very snappy at helping their customers out. Seems like they're more interested in collecting the $$$ and not putting it back in to the company to improve services. I could be wrong though, anyways I'll keep my fingers crossed it ships out this week.

Sent in an email them this morning complaining as my order hasn't budged since July 17th. I don't know if it's coincidence or not, but my order went from Payment Authorized to payment Confirmed. So it's possible they may be getting it ready to ship? Never did hear back from their support people yet. How long do most people wait after payment confirmed?

Payment confirmed usually happens almost immediately at least if you use Paypal.
Support rarely seem to answer - if you're lucky you get an automated mail later on asking how pleased you were with support! :rolleyes:
A dealer would still be able to ship to you quicker than DJI I suspect.
However DJI will deliver eventually! And they are quite good about refunds if you cancel - if you can get an answer.

I would cancel the order and place a new one with just about anyone except DJI.

I bought mine off eBay from "TheCameraBox" the day they were released and received it 2 days later.

I got mine from the same eBay seller. Laced order @ 9pm Monday and arrived Thursday afternoon.

Sent in an email them this morning complaining as my order hasn't budged since July 17th. I don't know if it's coincidence or not, but my order went from Payment Authorized to payment Confirmed. So it's possible they may be getting it ready to ship? Never did hear back from their support people yet. How long do most people wait after payment confirmed?
same issue, ordered and paid on 14th of June, no sign of shipment as of today (hard shell and extra battery P3 bundle)
on the other side - I hope my P3A arrives with new crack proof shell .....

I chatted to the online sales person again on Friday. "Cherry" was her name. She assured me my order would ship by mid this week. I noticed online to my order went from payment authorized to payment confirmed. Heres hoping it ships this week.

I understand all the negative comments, but everything I've ordered from DJI eventually arrived in perfect working order. Slow, yes. But they do deliver. New products. Horribly backlogged.

Last edited:
Reactions: tundrastruck
To add to my post immediately above this one. My fourth package from DJI arrived by FedEx today. When I originally ordered the P3, most U.S. retailers didn't have them yet, so I probably got one of the first waves. Since then, because it's easy, I've ordered most accessories (except for one battery) from them. Once the package gets shipped, it's fun to track on FedEx, because they're shipping from China! Three days from Asia to my door! So if you're not in a hurry, you can trust them. The situation will most-likely get better after their backlog is cleared!

Ordered my P3P with an extra battery at dji.com on July 1st and it hasn't shipped yet, emailied them today inquiring about it. If it doesn't get shipped this week I'll cancel and order through one of the dealers.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic