Tips for post filming editing to improve your videos

• Thread starter Deleted member 118536
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 118536

Post Filming , ( Editing ) can sometimes be the most impactful thing you can do for a video or movie . Color , Lighting , Transitioning , and of course Music can make a simple video outing into a master piece or a collection of aimless clips . This DJI Forum has a lot of great pilots and of amazing videographers. I don't consider myself either but in the last year I have gotten a lot better at my favorite hobby and I would like to share some TIPS with and newbie looking to get better .

(1) First tip is , isn't a race . Fast flighting might be fun but it doesn't make for good video . Hercky Jerky Movements are not nice to watch , plus if your moving too quick your camera wont process what its seeing properly (blurry) , (glitchy) . In short , slow that Sh@# down. I film in tripod mode most of the time .

(2) and (3) Lighting and Vinaigrett ... Next is the same footage . 1st Normal lighting Normal edges . 2nd light is darkened and the edges are blacked out .

Absolutly Terrifying !
(4) Music : is without a doubt the most effective change you can make to a video ! refer to Video 2 and compare it to video 3 . Video 2 could possibly make you lose your mind with fear . While video 3 might make you lovingly think about someone close to you . Both are similar imagery but The Music and lighting set different undertones.

(5) Transitioning : Transition can be used in different ways , at the end of a scene to siginify a change is coming or to even make a deep philosophical statement in an art video .

Life is seen a particular way with a particular color but the After Life is something none of us can identify with . mean (different)

If you liked this or found it helpful , then throw a dollar in the hat by hitting like
Thanks for watching and all commits are welcomed
RR

Last edited by a moderator:
Good tips, but that clip is grainy and way too saturated. Lots of noticeable unwanted camera movements. Calling it as I see it.

Reactions: Phoenix One
Good tips, but that clip is grainy and way too saturated. Lots of noticeable unwanted camera movements. Calling it as I see it.
Clip ? There is 4 videos posted in this chain . Which one is it that's subjecting you to the most optical displeasure , and what will help me improve it ?

Reactions: Phoenix One
For something like this, I like to play with the saturation. Near where I live, this old farmer started taking people's dead or dying vehicles. Just before he died and his family had it all cleaned up, I flew around and got some video. It gave me a sort of graveyard feeling, so I played with the Saturation, letting only a little bit of color through. Not totally black and white, but close. It was early spring, so it was already kind of colorless. Put some funeral-sounding music in it, too.

(1) First tip is , isn't a race . Fast flighting might be fun but it doesn't make for good video . Hercky Jerky Movements are not nice to watch , plus if your moving too quick your camera wont process what its seeing properly (blurry) , (glitchy) . In short , slow that Sh@# down. I film in tripod mode most of the time .

While this is often true, it depends on what you are shooting. When flying high over scenery I find that I typically have to speed up the video otherwise it gets too sleepy. The more it gets sped up then the more exaggerated even slightly unsmooth movements are. ESP pans. If I’m flying at 30mph and do a smooth pan around, I can use that footage almost as is (speed wise and stabilization wise). But if I’m flying at, say, 10mph and have to double or triple the speed, I notice my pan wasn’t as smooth as I thought. There will typically be some variation which may not be noticeable at 1x speed but when sped up in post needs a fair bit of stabilization.

But for shots not taken as far away not as high up, your point is pretty valid.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20