Tightening the gimbal shaft

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows of a way the tighten the gimbal shaft on the camera? I have made this repair at least a dozen times on my phantoms, but this one is loose. Is there a set screw that I'm missing? What I'm talking about is the shaft after you remove the 3 screws to adjust the camera to level. This shaft is very easy to turn. Seems too easy. I make an adjustment and a while later the camera is out of adjustment again. Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks.

Hey DBK,
That shaft is PRESSED IN, at factory, steel shaft pressed into aluminum housing, at a set degree, to keep camera LEVEL! The only way I found to fix this, is to put it together, level, then mark shaft and aluminum ( to keep aligned ) ( please review pitch board/shaft alignment on YouTube to keep flat part of shaft aligned correctly with pitch or roll boards )( CLEAN AREA REALLY GOOD ), then mix up a bit of ( 2 part epoxy ( good stuff )), epoxy the hole from the inside ( not too much just a dab ) place gimbal together ( shaft into hole ), put gimbal clamp on to keep gimbal secure, while epoxy dries! This should fix your issue! ( take your time to try to get as level as you can ) I've done a few, they don't always turn out level, but if not should be very close, I've had to tear them back apart and retry to get it right.
Or
Option 2
Buy a used arm on ebay ( around $20 ) and just replace the bad ( wallowed out ) arm all together!
Usually come with motor and all!
( but that is a LOT less fun! Lol )

Hope this helps

J Dot
:cool:

Thanks, Jerry. I tried something a little different. I used a c clamp to press it back in. Don't know it this will hold, but if it doesn't I will try the epoxy fix. Thanks again for the advice.

Reactions: J Dot

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj