Thread before buying

Reaction score
This thread is for P3 owners to share their general opinions and issues, for people like me, who are almost buying it, not to be fooled like I was when buying Vision+.

Also, I want to know you guys opinion if I should choose either Professional or Advanced. Here in Brazil, Full HD has just taken place, and 4K is not even close to consumer.
It is only used for showing off or cinema productions.
(Price difference between Adv and Pro is around $400)

Plus, when scaling 4K to 1080, image gets better as there won't be the "clone pixels".

I'm afraid I will become regretful if I buy Advanced and someone wants 4K footage.
Any ideas?

Let me know!
Guido

Always better to have too much then not enough.

P3P.

Reactions: gfo315
If you're planning on selling footage then you definitely want the Pro.

I went with the advanced, because nowhere in my foreseeable future will I be using 4k for anything, and I preferred to spend the $300 difference on 2 more batteries

One advantage with shooting 4k is that you can crop / zoom / frame your video without a loss of quality.

I have the Pro, but I'm shooting in 1080p.
4k files are huge and most of my PCs chug when trying to play them, plus I don't have any 4k screens.
I wanted to get the Advanced, but it wasn't available anywhere, and the places that did have them had a big mark up, so I got the Pro.

I wondered the very same and came up with the pro has both options and to pay for the advanced i may well just go pro and have 4k option
However i do have a 4k tv and the market is getting ever more 4k now for the consumer

I have the Pro, but I'm shooting in 1080p.

I went with the advanced, because nowhere in my foreseeable future will I be using 4k for anything, and I preferred to spend the $300 difference on 2 more batteries

How washed out are the images that you guys get in 1080p?

In this HeliPal comparison, the Full HD images look as washed as the ones that I get on the Vision Plus. Pretty messed up. Check it out:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is for P3 owners to share their general opinions and issues, for people like me, who are almost buying it, not to be fooled like I was when buying Vision+.

Also, I want to know you guys opinion if I should choose either Professional or Advanced. Here in Brazil, Full HD has just taken place, and 4K is not even close to consumer.
It is only used for showing off or cinema productions.
(Price difference between Adv and Pro is around $400)

Plus, when scaling 4K to 1080, image gets better as there won't be the "clone pixels".

I'm afraid I will become regretful if I buy Advanced and someone wants 4K footage.
Any ideas?

Let me know!
Guido

I would go with the 4k if the price isn't a big deal. short term future proof in a way.

but keep in mind there will be newer and better one's not far down the road. there ALWAYS will be!

doesn't mean anyone got fooled if you bought a drone that works and does what it is supposed to do when you buy it. The vision plus is a great little quad and works well.

technology moves very rapidly so enjoy what you buy when you buy it an don't worry if something is newer and better.

My video is pretty washed out, but I just bought some ND filters form @dataway that should help. I also do some post-editing

you can see my videos in the YouTube channel linked in my sig if you are interested

My general opinion is - this thing is great - I LOVE IT - I have a couple of hours on it and couldn't be happier (well - maybe if it had waypoints - but I know those are coming).
My only issue is - getting a second battery had been kind of a pain - had one ordered from DJI - still waiting for it to ship - just ordered another from amazon and should be here within a week.

In terms of 4K - I can really see the difference even on a 1080P screen - so like the guy above said - why not get it and future proof yourself a bit.

Bottom line - get it... you know you wanna...

My general opinion is - this thing is great - I LOVE IT - I have a couple of hours on it and couldn't be happier (well - maybe if it had waypoints - but I know those are coming).
My only issue is - getting a second battery had been kind of a pain - had one ordered from DJI - still waiting for it to ship - just ordered another from amazon and should be here within a week.

In terms of 4K - I can really see the difference even on a 1080P screen - so like the guy above said - why not get it and future proof yourself a bit.

Bottom line - get it... you know you wanna...

Good point there! I'm probably getting it in a few months.

I have some friends here in Brazil who also have had problems with lack of battery, but now they have plenty of them, it seems like the stock is starting to normalize.

Regarding the waypoints, I have this option with Vision Plus, but I only used it twice. What's the big deal with it? I can easily do smooth and steady shots with the controller and an additional potentiometer for gimbal pitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20