Thoughts and Prayers for PhillyDroneLife........

Status
Not open for further replies.

P-2

Reaction score
the man that the FAA came down on for fines totaling Thousands of dollars for flying an 8 oz plastic drone above downtown Philly. This is overkill.......

• Haha
Reactions: Falcon900
123 infractions at @1500 a piece flying posting on YouTube I wouldn't want to be fined like he did but then I wouldn't have done what he did either.
Most likely the fines will be reduced maybe he won't be allowed to fly anymore he should have known better

the man that the FAA came down on for fines totaling Thousands of dollars for flying an 8 oz plastic drone above downtown Philly. This is overkill.......
The fines were very severe, but in this case very well deserved. He had multiple warnings (from friends, other YouTube people, etc) and MANY letters from the FAA that he completely disregarded.

He flew in a very reckless manner and flagrantly broke every regulation on the books. Even now he takes no responsibility or blame for what he did.

Please see the complete thread over at Mavic Pilots...FAA FINES PHILADELPHIA DRONE PILOT

After watching just one of his videos his mouth and attitude
was enough for me. Never watched anymore of them .

After watching just one of his videos his mouth and attitude
was enough for me. Never watched anymore of them .
I forced myself to watch most of one of his videos mouth and attitude made it hard to watch flew almost to 1100 ft altitude at a 1 1/2 mile distance then complains for getting caught Go Figure

^^^^^^… and we wonder why draconian type regulations are on the way? I can’t believe anyone could take 5 minutes of this idiot’s banter not withstanding his blatant disregard of FAA regulations. My only regret is that the FAA will likely never collect a tenth of the fines they levied.

Am I glad he purportedly kicked a drug habit, most undoubtedly! But the way he acts casts serious doubt on that too.

YouTube ought to have some culpability in this also for allowing him to monetize his channel. The real question is how could he make money? To subscribe and listen to that inane babble, maybe his followers should also be fined.

Last edited:
Anyone that is that reckless and has such a disregard for FAA regulations and the safety of others and having been warned numerous times, deserves every bit of what the FAA is dishing out to him (IMHO)

The fines were very severe, but in this case very well deserved. He had multiple warnings (from friends, other YouTube people, etc) and MANY letters from the FAA that he completely disregarded.

He flew in a very reckless manner and flagrantly broke every regulation on the books. Even now he takes no responsibility or blame for what he did.

Please see the complete thread over at Mavic Pilots...FAA FINES PHILADELPHIA DRONE PILOT
I couldn’t agree with you more! This guy flagrantly thumbed his nose at the regs and had an attitude of being untouchable for years. It’s one thing to break a rule on occasion, but he built his channel on disregard for the rules. I don’t feel a bit sorry for him.

Thoughts and Prayers? I am a praying man myself and my prayer is that he will do the right thing, 1. Repent, 2. Stop the repeat offenses, 3. Pay the fines or do the time.

I don't speak from personal experience, but the frenzied and hysterical commentary recorded with those FAA rule violation videos suggests very strongly that the recipient of that massive fine, is addicted to either crack, meth, or both.

The man is completely unhinged, and I won't be surprised if he winds up secured in a strait jacket under a loony-bin prescription of powerful sedatives administered hourly for his own protection.

Ok that’s it on this guy. I’m sure we will see what comes of his situation but all of this bashing is stopping now.

CLOSED

Ok that’s it on this guy. I’m sure we will see what comes of his situation but all of this bashing is stopping now.

CLOSED
Ok guys I’m going to give you a chance to get this thread 7 pages
long like in another of our forums. But please read all the post
before you post something that has been already said.
You guys are better than just throwing he is a idiot post down.
Have something to add please do .
I closed this thread prematurely and I am sorry just stay civil guys.
Thanks.

Reactions: DoomMeister
“ Thoughs and Prayers” eh, what about ye reap what you sow. And thank you Mr dirkclog for the opportunity to comment in this forum.
Regards

He's certainly done some odd things, and livestreaming while doing it, in the middle of being warned also didn't help him, however I'm curious how this will play out. I still don't have a part 107 yet for what I do and have had people SCREAM about me posting videos that I take on the properties I own (I'm a landlord and drone vacant properties regularly). They've had quite a bit of fit thrown at me, and I've always asked : Is it illegal to record on my own property? To which I'm told yes quite often.

He's certainly done some odd things, and livestreaming while doing it, in the middle of being warned also didn't help him, however I'm curious how this will play out. I still don't have a part 107 yet for what I do and have had people SCREAM about me posting videos that I take on the properties I own (I'm a landlord and drone vacant properties regularly). They've had quite a bit of fit thrown at me, and I've always asked : Is it illegal to record on my own property? To which I'm told yes quite often.
Taking the videos certainly is not. Why are you posting them? To further your business - then yes you should have a 107.
Having said that unlikely the FAA will even notice.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31