Thoughts and Prayers for PhillyDroneLife........

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^^^^… and we wonder why draconian type regulations are on the way? I can’t believe anyone could take 5 minutes of this idiot’s banter not withstanding his blatant disregard of FAA regulations. My only regret is that the FAA will likely never collect a tenth of the fines they levied.

Am I glad he purportedly kicked a drug habit, most undoubtedly! But the way he acts casts serious doubt on that too.

YouTube ought to have some culpability in this also for allowing him to monetize his channel. The real question is how could he make money? To subscribe and listen to that inane babble, maybe his followers should also be fined.
I wrote to a guy that has a YouTube channel on drones - very well known I might add - to say that his material was a little "over the top".
Loud, brash, constant dumb jokes and ripostes to his partner.
He replied "that's what sells".
Bottom line - we have a whole bunch of young people that love this inane content that makes Three Stooges slapstick look positively sober.

Certainly no "thought and prayers" from here. It's idiots like this that gives the hobby a bad name and tightens the restrictions placed on us.

Got what he deserves! I wonder how many hits one needs before you are banned from flying, end of":??

Certainly no "thought and prayers" from here. It's idiots like this that gives the hobby a bad name and tightens the restrictions placed on us.

Got what he deserves! I wonder how many hits one needs before you are banned from flying, end of":??
That's a pretty tired saw at this point. Somebody said it once and then everyone repeats it.
That logic says that one drunk driver makes all drivers look bad. Automobiles - bad!
The real problem is media sensationalism and people unable to think critically.
Those are the real enemies of freedom everywhere.

I have just found this thread, read the opening post to see who had died, but as soon as I found out what it was I commented on it. The more of us sensible fliers that condemn this sort of stupid behaviour the better for the hobby!
You don't like my comment.............no comment.

Last edited:
show me this was a legal flight when its over buildings and maybe people and cars in a downtown area! this site talks to FAA on regular basis

That's a pretty tired saw at this point. Somebody said it once and then everyone repeats it.
That logic says that one drunk driver makes all drivers look bad. Automobiles - bad!
RIGHT ON!! I WOULD NOT JEOPARDIZE MY 107 IN ANY WAY!!

I have just found this thread, read the opening post to see who had died, but as soon as I found out what it was I commented on it. The more of us sensible fliers that condemn this sort of stupid behaviour the better for the hobby!
You don't like my comment.............no comment.
I just think it's just a mantra at this point with hobbyist opinions counting for exactly zero.
Hobbyists were convinced some nimrod caused the Gatwick incident - just because the media said so.
The cries of "they're killing the hobby!" echoed loudly and far too frequently. It was just "the thing to say" and look virtuous.
Finally after FOI requests there is zero evidence there even WAS a drone.
So sure, jump on the "me too" wagon to decry the foul drone flyers that would bring shame and dishonor upon our heads.
Truth is the media needs frontpage news and will find something to run there regardless of all the wailing and gnashing of teeth.
No point in helping them along with their bogus narrative.

Reactions: MTO
I just think it's just a mantra at this point with hobbyist opinions counting for exactly zero.
Hobbyists were convinced some nimrod caused the Gatwick incident - just because the media said so.
The cries of "they're killing the hobby!" echoed loudly and far too frequently. It was just "the thing to say" and look virtuous.
So sure, jump on the "me too" wagon to decry the foul drone flyers that would bring shame and dishonor upon our heads.
Truth is the media needs frontpage news and will find something to run there regardless of all the wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Plenty of videos of him breaking FAA regulations is Not a bogus narrative it is simply fact

Reactions: PhantomFandom
I understand the position you are attempting to come from, but what exactly do you think the proper public response should be? I have spent the last 5 years making a living do this so it is a different light when you are performing actions that could harm others or their property and indirectly my opportunity to make a living. Relating this in any way to "That logic says that one drunk driver makes all drivers look bad." is about as dull of a comment as I have heard lately. The actions of that drunk driver can more easily be replicated as each drunk successfully gets to their destination without being caught of killing someone else as can the idiocy of YouTube channel profiteers. That is why this in my opinion it calls for us as contributing members of society to say something.

Then we have the term Hobbyists. I remember the days when there were flight clubs with actual memberships and dues and events... Relating what people are doing with drones today as Hobbyists is a bit saddening in my opinion. Sure they can be called recreational fliers, but that's about as far as I would go. Unfortunately the true Hobbyists are going to be the ones first affected by the inane antics of these clowns that just want to outdo the extreme of the last guy. I've got a 13 year old son and can speak first hand how this new generation of YouTube Streamers are continuously looking the for next big high and will stop at nothing short of getting their YouTube channel banned to get those beloved likes.

Last edited:
Reactions: PhantomFandom
I understand the position you are attempting to come from, but what exactly do you think the proper public response should be? I have spent the last 5 years making a living do this so it is a different light when you are performing actions that could harm others or their property and indirectly my opportunity to make a living. Relating this in any way to "That logic says that one drunk driver makes all drivers look bad." is about as dull of a comment as I have heard lately. The actions of that drunk driver can more easily be replicated as each drunk successfully gets to their destination without being caught of killing someone else as can the idiocy of YouTube channel profiteers. That is why this in my opinion it calls for us as contributing members of society to say something.

Then we have the term Hobbyists. I remember the days when there were flight clubs with actual memberships and dues and events... Relating what people are doing with drones today as Hobbyists is a bit saddening in my opinion. Sure they can be called recreational fliers, but that's about as far as I would go. Unfortunately the true Hobbyists are going to be the ones first affected by the inane antics of these clowns that just want to outdo the extreme of the last guy. I've got a 13 year old son and can speak first hand how this new generation of YouTube Streamers are continuously looking the for next big high and will stop at nothing short of getting their YouTube channel banned to get those beloved likes.
False dichotomy - no response is necessary.
Who exactly do you think the audience is?
I can get online and babble to my hearts content and nobody cares.
Another phrase is "preaching to the choir".
IMHO people just need to refrain from pointless posturing - it serves no purpose other than virtue signalling.
In fact the best response is stop feeding the idiots by visiting their youtube vids to see what the fuss is about.
In doing so you contribute to the problem.
Now there is an action I can get behind - ignore the miscreants trying to get Youtube followers = Ka-Ching!

False dichotomy - no response is necessary.
Who exactly do you think the audience is?
Another phrase is "preaching to the choir".
IMHO people just need to refrain from pointless posturing - it serves no purpose other than virtue signalling.
In fact the best response is stop feeding the idiots by visiting their youtube vids to see what the fuss is about.
Now there is an action I can get behind - ignore the miscreants trying to get Youtube followers = Ka-Ching!
Precisely the type of mentality that produces the kind of world we live in as well as the government and representatives that we currently have. Your method is akin to anyone that says "I don't need to vote because one vote doesn't make a difference". Now that's a failure in reasoning.

As for the audience... That would be every person that visits this or like forums, has anything to do with a drone for model aviation or knows someone directly that does and either learns that no one cares or that perhaps something is wrong and dangerous about that. Sounds like to me that you don't recognize the number of drones and model aircraft that are being sold in exponential numbers and the number of 107 pilot licenses that are being granted.

By your own reasoning I don't even know why you would go on a forum and post, but we are all entitled to our opinions and free speech so there you have it. The simple truth to all is that we are a subset culture and our community is subject to the fears of the norm so it's in our best interest in this early time to do what we can to prevent the communistic thumb from which we might have to operate under if we do nothing except for let the idiots run rampant.

Plenty of videos of him breaking FAA regulations is Not a bogus narrative it is simply fact

Precisely the type of mentality that produces the kind of world we live in as well as the government and representatives that we currently have. Your method is akin to anyone that says "I don't need to vote because one vote doesn't make a difference". Now that's a failure in reasoning.

As for the audience... That would be every person that visits this or like forums, has anything to do with a drone for model aviation or knows someone directly that does and either learns that no one cares or that perhaps something is wrong and dangerous about that. Sounds like to me that you don't recognize the number of drones and model aircraft that are being sold in exponential numbers and the number of 107 pilot licenses that are being granted.

By your own reasoning I don't even know why you would go on a forum and post, but we are all entitled to our opinions and free speech so there you have it. The simple truth to all is that we are a subset culture and our community is subject to the fears of the norm so it's in our best interest in this early time to do what we can to prevent the communistic thumb from which we might have to operate under if we do nothing except for let the idiots run rampant.
One long non sequitur. I think you're just too invested in being right rather than paying attention to what I'm saying.
Getting on a soapbox and wringing hands about how "they" are going to "ruin this hobby for everyone" is just a waste of time because:
A - it's already happened. Cat's out of the bag. Horses have left the barn. Fini. Nothing to be done about it.
B - this forum is limited in scope. No Senators, no Congress critters, No FAA (well probably not). So who exactly is the tirade directed at?
Hopefully this clarifies why I think it's generally a waste of electrons going on about it.

One long non sequitur. I think you're just too invested in being right rather than paying attention to what I'm saying.
Getting on a soapbox and wringing hands about how "they" are going to "ruin this hobby for everyone" is just a waste of time because:
A - it's already happened. Cat's out of the bag. Horses have left the barn. Fini. Nothing to be done about it.
B - this forum is limited in scope. No Senators, no Congress critters, No FAA (well probably not). So who exactly is the tirade directed at?
Hopefully this clarifies why I think it's generally a waste of electrons going on about it.
Of course we are already on the bad side of the fence, but that doesn't mean we quit trying to make things better. I assure you there are many many more forums than this discussing the things. There are also direct discussions with Senators and the FAA on how to make things better, but I see a lost cause and let it lie.

Last edited:
Of course we are already on the bad side of the fence, but that doesn't mean we quit trying to make things better. I assure you there are many many more forums than this discussing the things. There are also direct discussions with Senators and the FAA on how to make things better, but I see a lost cause and let it lie.
Very noble of you :rolleyes:

One of the very few things you've said that makes sense. People should read the ENTIRE thread before posting something that has been said in almost identical words about a dozen times before.

That's not logic. May just be one of the worst analogies I have ever heard.

Media do and print what they want no one needs to listen. The issue is with people who do listen to a point of view just because they ascribe to a certain ideology. Of course I don't know for sure but I can guess you are the type that will go along with whatever the thoughts of your political party are...and I can pretty well guess which party as well. Nuff said.

I don't let the media or anyone else tell me what to think. My ideas, thoughts, principles and ideologies are my own.

Media is not the enemy. At least not mainstream media who researches, validates, checks, and reports facts.

So people should do and say nothing? Silence never works with any issue. Ever!

How does this have anything to do with Gatwick in any way at all? Let me tell you...ZERO. I never believe those sightings unless there is proof. Just because the media said it was a drone, does not make it so. They were reporting what was occurring, as told to them by the authorities.

At Gatwick there was zero proof of any drone activity. No more than Big Foot or UFOs. However in this case of the Philly Drone Flyer the proof was all there for anyone to see. There is no doubt...NONE...about what he did. We know what, when, where, and how.

You have that much right.

OK that much is true. I watched portions of two of the videos and could not take another minute of this guy.

I'm paying attention. Just can't get behind any of your thoughts of isolationism and not being able to change anything through discourse.

o Senators, no Congress critters, No FAA (well probably not). So who exactly is the tirade directed at?
You have no idea of who can and does read these posts.

You sure do "waste a lot of electrons" for someone who feels it is a total waste of time.

And I see we’re about to come to the close of this thread.
If it continues as it is it will.

I’m having to do a double take on this thread...for obvious or not so obvious reasons.

Anybody else?

You sure do "waste a lot of electrons" for someone who feels it is a total waste of time.
Kibbled bits at this point.
You're all over the map trying to infer some dumb crap about my political leanings (betting you'd be way off target).
Just give it a rest - but I doubt you will because, y'know, last words of the righteous and a free soapbox. Virtue signal all you please.

And I see we’re about to come to the close of this thread.
If it continues as it is it will.
Couldn’t agree more. I think enough hash has been slung.
1607377526155.gif

• Love
Reactions: dirkclod
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj