This says it all about DJI .... Still love my P3A though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
* Disclaimer of Warranties:

SZ DJI Technology Co. Ltd. provides the firmware “as is” and “as available” for your use, without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including all implied warranties of merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose. You expressly agree that your use of, or inability to use the firmware is at your sole risk. In no case shall SZ DJI Technology Co. Ltd. be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, special, or consequential damages arising from your use of any of the firmware, including but not limited to, any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your misuse, transmitted, etc.

* Disclaimer of Warranties:

SZ DJI Technology Co. Ltd. provides the firmware “as is” and “as available” for your use, without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including all implied warranties of merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose. You expressly agree that your use of, or inability to use the firmware is at your sole risk. In no case shall SZ DJI Technology Co. Ltd. be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, special, or consequential damages arising from your use of any of the firmware, including but not limited to, any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your misuse, transmitted, etc.
Nice one DJI.....btw I'm pretty sure China hates everyone.....this is just another f*#$ off to the world. You could also say corporations in general despise consumers. I have'nt done a single firmware update btw still on 1.1.5 with version 1.2.0 Android app. Has always flown just fine and they have yet to add anything of substance to the firmware. The ironic part of this info you posted is that so many people were updating believing that not doing it might void warranty.....

That's for the "firmware". You won't find any difference in any other software you agree to download and install.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

That's for the "firmware". You won't find any difference in any other software you agree to download and install.

BS, if Intel/HP pushed a firmware update out that you couldn't roll back or bricked a server farm ..... Sure, everyone would take it on the chin, not!

Software is not firmware .....

Software is not firmware .....

Firmware is software. And that is a standard boilerplate disclaimer for software.

In the US, and, I assume, other countries, all goods are assumed to be covered by an implied warranty unless it is explicited declared that there is no warranty. That's what these disclaimers on software do.

-- Roger

Last edited:
Reactions: Trumple and snerd
Firmware is software. And that is a standard boilerplate disclaimer for software.

In the US, and, I assume, other countries, all goods are assumed to be covered by an implied warranty unless it is explicited declared that there is no warranty. That's what these disclaimers on software do.

-- Roger
I stand corrected Roger. It's still says a huge amount about DJI as a company. Firmware problem? F you, not a warranty issue! Body shell cracking? F you, not a warranty issue. What's that? Your Phantom flew away? F you ... You weren't on the latest firmware. Your Phantom did what? Tut yeah that might happenen because it's a bit of kit that's pushing the boundaries ... No, the instruments contained within the Phantom are old news .... Don't get me wrong. I couldnt programming a Phantom. But the excuses used to bat back issues are laughable. Let's start with the shell! It's not like they're £15. It might be excusable if they were disposable prices.

+1

It's business CYA, 101.

Tooooo may variables at play, starting with the consumers' competence.

Reactions: snowghost and snerd

-- Roger
And let's just get things in perspective. Just because it's explicitly declared there is no warranty doesn't make it right when you've spent close to £900 .... Guessing round about the $1400 mark.

+1

It's business CYA, 101.

Tooooo may variables at play, starting with the consumers' competence.
CYA .... Had to Google that:oops:

And no doubt someone like Gopro is going to sneak up behind DJI and stick a customer service backed UAV right up where the sun don't shine ... rotors running!

For now I'll fly my P3A but without brand loyalty.

So I dont get it. If they sold me a lemon that crashed on its own 2 months after use they are not held responsible? How is that legal?

So I dont get it. If they sold me a lemon that crashed on its own 2 months after use they are not held responsible? How is that legal?
Com'on man ..... Its cutting edge! o_O

Com'on man ..... Its cutting edge! o_O

This makes absolutely no sense. There machine never worked 100% from the first day of launch. How are they legally taking peoples money lets phantoms drop from the sky as its not 100% complete and telling you too bad so sad? This is not legal at all and I see a lawsuit coming into effect very soon. With DJI now reaching billion $$ company they sure have enough money to fix any P3 that was made defective. Unless, of course they see a bigger picture than us. Where they ran into a brick wall and don't have answers so they expect a whole lot more to drop from the sky or unexpected behavior. Man, my lawyer senses a tingling the hell out of me right now. Im gonna have a talk with a few of my buddies from law school. I have a feeling lawyers will eat this information up reallllll soon.

To play devils advocate: sure you are going to get idiots who lose control or fly outside of those ability and try to blame dji, I get it that DJI can't bend to every complaint. Buy when a simple issue like cracking shells still persists then it gives me no confidence in their ability to resolve firmware and more serious hardware issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the P3 but yeah, once you bought it, you're on your own. I mean they try and let you send it in for repair sometimes, but you might not see it for 2-3 months or ever again, even when they have an option to just send you an inexpensive part instead. You know they are a Chinese company right? They eat dogs and enslave children so I wouldn't expect much in the way of customer service on a toy lol, as expensive as it might be.

....... Man, my lawyer senses a tingling the hell out of me right now. Im gonna have a talk with a few of my buddies from law school. I have a feeling lawyers will eat this information up reallllll soon.
Really?! I've about had my fill of the "new generation" I've run across here. Never in my life have I seen a more whiny, complaining bunch of crybabies in my life! The signal-to-noise ratio here is out of control............ It's difficult to enjoy the forums, and to have knowledgable discussions with happy, fellow-flyers. The inexperienced crybabies show up in every thread, crying about something! Now it's down to threatening lawsuits!! What, you guys like 12 years old?! Friggin metro-males that have been hand-held by mommy for so long.......... now "reality" hits home and upsets them, and they cry and throw fits!

Y O U A G R E E D TO T H E RU L E S A B O U T N O T B A S H I N G A N Y C O M P A N Y W H E N Y O U S I G N E D U P H E R E !!!!!

Take your whiny, immature vendettas elsewhere.

Yeah, not even the US Gov can sue China when they steal all their Fed employees data and you think you're gonna get anywhere with lawyers over a toy? Man up and get the zip ties out bro lol.

Reactions: N017RW and bobmyers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic