THIS IS WHERE/HOW I MOUNT MY GLOBAL TRACKER TK-102

I am just looking to mount mine :)

I like your solution but placement of the fpv board, which is recommended by so many to be with the aerial poking out below the battery & off set would surely not fit ?

Whereas, if the t102 were mounted in a 90 deg & offset a little, perhaps that would leave enough space?

Spammer ! You've posted on every tracker thread , I hate spammers go hawk somewhere else , plus it's way overpriced !

I never use the camera that came with my FC40 so I took it's existing bracket, some bungee cord, and a hose gasket to secure it to the mount. The TK102b ends up being a perfect fit.

photo5_zps1847ef86.jpg

photo1_zps67c36a66.jpg

photo3_zps3265989f.jpg

photo4_zps27a30b4b.jpg

photo2_zps6c004ee8.jpg

I've been flying with my TK102B in the mounted position below. It's been working fine, and doesn't seem to interfere with the FPV transmitter or 2.4G reception. I used 3M dual lock to attach it, then put on a plastic wire tie as a backup. (Although if it fell off, I should be able to find it, right? Or else what good is it... hehe)

Attachments

• TKmount1a.jpg
    TKmount1a.jpg
    372.6 KB · Views: 438
  • TKmount2a.jpg
    TKmount2a.jpg
    323.9 KB · Views: 378
HunterSK said:
I mount my TK-102B on the belly using a single strip of 3M Dual Lock. This stuff is much more heavy duty than regular velcro, and when you close it together it 'snaps' into place. Around AUD$4 from eBay for 20cm length of material.

I don't think this is going to come off during a crash. I haven't had to use my Tracker yet since I haven't crashed/loss the aircraft.

What is your GPS reception like when positioned on the Phantom's belly? I'd have thought the battery would hinder GPS signals due to not having a clear view of the sky?

Works fine on the belly. I can even get GPS from inside the Pelican case. As you can see in the pic above, close to half of the unit pokes out from underneath.
Not perfect, though. When it can't get GPS it will use cell tower triangulation, and the link it emails you will not work. You can use the numbers it sends with other cell tracing sites, but it can be off by as much as a hundred feet that way... not good. GPS is the most accurate.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl