THIS IS WHERE/HOW I MOUNT MY GLOBAL TRACKER TK-102

Reaction score
For those who may be interested to know, this is where and how I mount my Global Tracker TK-102. It is sturdy strong.

Please note:

1. Doing this may void any warranty as you have to drill through the casing. I decided to do this as "what warranty? If it goes flyaway, would DJI replace me a new one? Tuff as I have to do a lot of proving and all that crap"

2. I choose that location because I want to reduce pendulum effect. If I mount it on the leg using a cable tie, pendulum effect will/may ask the motor to work a little bit extra to balance.

3. It does not effect the battery at all. mounting the battery is normal. I measure that the drill will start just before the inner reinforced frame wall of the body.

4. Flying seems not effected at all, due to location (less pendulum), it is as center as it can be, does not effect the camera, does not effect the yaw movement - no obstruction at all.

Anyone interested to try this, PLEASE DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

just sharing.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 1,670
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 1,565
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 1,601
NEXT BATCH.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 1,582
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 1,512
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 1,556
FINAL TWO.

JUST FOLLOW THE FILE NAME SEQUENCE 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, ,7 & 8

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 1,512
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 1,558
the way its positioned upright may have slight wind effect. well, i have done it that way :D . the mount is sturdy strong and I can take off and put in the battery without taking the tracker off the phantom.

showed my LHS my GPS Tracker mod and where I drilled the bottom part of the P2V+ body. He says, my mod does not violate any warranty as it did not drill the inner structured wall as well as very near any circuit board. According to him, if there is any warranty claim, DJI will warrant it even with that drill mod..that is a relief. i will hold on to his words on that.

I hope he's right , but I sure wouldn't give someone a refund if they drilled holes in it.
Did you purchase it fom him ? Or is he assuming ?

Mori55 said:
I hope he's right , but I sure wouldn't give someone a refund if they drilled holes in it.
Did you purchase it fom him ? Or is he assuming ?

Yeah, I bought it from him. He is the sole distributor of DJI Product for the whole of Malaysia for an number of years already. Local Resellers(LHS) will get their DJI product stock from him. I will just hold on to his words for any warranty claim. He is a chinese chap, and he has been communicating with DJI directly in all cases, DJI being also a China based company, right? Still a long winded process even through him though..:D

Refund, probably not, warranty claim(send it for repairs as such), yes I believe he can make things happens even though I drill the 4 holes as shown.

Why not use double sided velcro? Mine fits perfect on the belly of the phantom behind the camera. Less invasive plus less surface area making contact with flowing air. I tried mounting it vertically between the legs with zip ties but it caused noticeable drag.

ocphantom said:
Why not use double sided velcro? Mine fits perfect on the belly of the phantom behind the camera. Less invasive plus less surface area making contact with flowing air. I tried mounting it vertically between the legs with zip ties but it caused noticeable drag.

yeah, i have explore this. Got some not so bad experience using velcro. It wobbles abit..and in a crash, it may got yanked out of place and landed somewhere near the Phantom. I used to mount small lipo on my RC Monster Truck for Rx using velcro. It comes off on landing at times, and once causes a runaway. So I end up cable tying it down with the velco. I have more confidence using cable tie..because of that, I use cable tie. personal preference maybe. I may have explored further and cable tied it flat+velcro. Buts its ok, I have done it the way i have done with 4 holes. :D

Lets see how it goes. I will mod it again later using velcro and cable tie for added sturdiness.

If I put dual lock tape over the seial# and qr code , am I screwing up ? Is that something I'll need ?

Mori55 said:
If I put dual lock tape over the seial# and qr code , am I screwing up ? Is that something I'll need ?

Take a clear photo of the serial & QR codes and keep it with your Phantom paperwork. That way you'll have it for your records.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl