This is odd. Only 500m max for distance.

Reaction score
Greetings people, just got my new Phantom 3 Pro and absolutely love it. One thing that I am having trouble with, is it seems that my settings won't allow for a distance greater than 500 meters. I understand the issue with the height being set to a maximum of 500, but I thought the craft was able to go further than 500 meters away. I've seen on the internet people going as far as two kilometers.

All my firmwares are at the absolute latest edition. Perhaps there's a setting I am unaware of? I can't seem to find anything. I live in Ontario and I'm not sure if that has any bearing on it.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Francis

uploadfromtaptalk1434667845627.png

Toggle the green slider to the right of distance limits to off.

Edit: beat and I've gone a lot farther than 2 km.

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
Thanks guys.
So I just grabbed a 2k flyout, but chickened out and had it come back to me because I couldn't see it at that great distance. I had no issues with signal though.

For some reason it didn't seem to record the data into the flight record section of the app.

Don't worry even the best of us have brain farts in here. Don't be afraid to share yours as we're not afraid to share about ours ;)
So **** true. Those with tender feelings should just log off.
As a mentor of mine once said"experience is not what you know but the mistakes you make along the way". That said I am VERY experienced.

My mentor put it in a slightly different way but same gist, the lack of mistakes comes from experience, experience comes from making mistakes.

I will definitely be stumbling for a while, learning to play a few ace Prince songs on my Yamaha Motif XF8. I will require a box of tissue and perhaps a bottle of Murine.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers