This copter looks quite interesting

I'm always looking for something to lift a better camera.
This one appears interesting but when you check the details it is going to cost $2083 to option up to get one close to the Phantom's functionality and equipment. And then there's still no mention of FPV and flight time with a camera is only 9 minutes. Plus they don't have it in stock.
Makes the Phantom look pretty good.
I think I'll keep looking.

FASTFJR said:
Here's my next one.........as soon as they start shipping the Carbon Body unit. It has a lot of pluses compared to the P2. A biggie is point of view shooting a foldable landing gear

http://www.walkera.com/en/showgoods.php?id=2616

Ooooh, that looks nice! I like the "hyper IOC" mode.. I wish Phantoms could do those too out of the box, but I can pull it off still.

the "problem" with the walkera one that I can think of is using the gopro camera with it.

I think it totally negates their custom controller with the monitor since it wont work unless you are using the ilook.
Unless it can pick up any 5.8ghz signal and all you need is to have a normal fpv unit

I think the Tali H500 looks neat. I wont be buying one based on the facts that my Phantom does the same thing for less money. I do like the "circle a set point" feature. I would use that one for sure. I like the folding landing gear.
On the other hand i can NEVER see myself using the "auto take off" feature. Taking off is NOT something that is difficult or that takes any real skill to learn how to do.

I do see it being a direct competitor with DJI and lets be honest. If your new to the hobby then you dont care who did it first. You care who is doing it better now. DJI needs to step up with a few more options/features.

They also need to change the look up a bit on theirs. It doesn't benefit me if they do because then i have an older quad that is probably less valuable. but to the untrained eye they all look the same

chuddly said:
I think the Tali H500 looks neat. I wont be buying one based on the facts that my Phantom does the same thing for less money. I do like the "circle a set point" feature. I would use that one for sure. I like the folding landing gear.
On the other hand i can NEVER see myself using the "auto take off" feature. Taking off is NOT something that is difficult or that takes any real skill to learn how to do.

I do see it being a direct competitor with DJI and lets be honest. If your new to the hobby then you dont care who did it first. You care who is doing it better now. DJI needs to step up with a few more options/features.

They also need to change the look up a bit on theirs. It doesn't benefit me if they do because then i have an older quad that is probably less valuable. but to the untrained eye they all look the same

The circle set point is a HUGE deal for us guys doing video. If I were just getting into this I would buy it in a second over the Phantom just for circle. Their is not reason why DJI hasn't stepped up to the plate do have this software in the Phantom, they offer it in their other units. Depending on the reviews in the next month or so I might me saying by by to DJI

Why stop at circling? I think the next DJI update should have Air Dog functionality so your Phantom will follow you!

ProfessorStein said:
Why stop at circling? I think the next DJI update should have Air Dog functionality so your Phantom will follow you!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll just take the circling, comes in really hand when filming lighthouse

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl