Thinking about selling my Phantom 2

Would you sell a previous Phantom version to get another Phantom 3?

• Yes - I can't see a reason to keep the 2 around

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • Yes - but I wouldn't get another Phantom 3

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • No - I still use my Phantom 2 (Or previous version)

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • No - seems like a lot of trouble

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
And then getting another Phantom 3 Professional as a back-up -

I have found the new Phantom 3 so much nicer than the Phantom 2 - I kind of doubt how many times I will fly the Phantom 2 now...

What about others of you who are in the same boat (a fully equipped Phantom 2 that just sits there now)... are you thinking of selling?

Not an option here but I sold my P2V+ when i got my P3.

that would kind of be option 2.... you would sell... but not for ANOTHER Phantom 3

I initially was going to keep my pv2+ v3 and was hoping to fly it now and again but after my first flight with the P3P i instantly realised i would never want to fly the pv2+ ever again, i'd never want to go back to wifi for fpv because Lightbridge is on another level, connection is rock solid and the signal even goes through tree's! No lag and most of all its HD. The Pilot app is also a million times better than the vision app with much more options, the camera is much better quality with no more fisheye on the P3A or P3P, viewing 4k on my 4k tv is stunning and every detail can be seen, also the P3 seems to handle a lot better than the p2 series but this could be to do with the active braking.
What i really love about the P3 is that there is never really any need to upgrade antennas as the Lightbridge is surely good enough? I've personally gone over a mile still with full signal and solid HD connection, others have reported 3+ miles, it gives you so much trust and confidence. I had the fpvlr stage 2 kit on both my pv2+ and always used to dislike screwing and unscrewing those off every flight, the P3 is ready to go.
I would recommend getting a tablet though, i used to use my Galaxy S5 which is a big phone but i soon realised it was way too small for the Pilot app with all the extra options, also being hd fpv bigger is better so i purchase the Nvidia Shield and very happy with it.
Would i want to own a pv2+ again?...Never, the P2 series seems like old tech now compared to the P3.
Here my PV2+ v3 and P3P together for a short while before i sold it.

211w8kn.jpg

Reactions: Buckaye
I ordered a Solo and have been thinking about a P3A so was going to sell my V+. But honestly the value of them has dropped so much that its not worth getting rid of to me. So I have been using it for long distance missions and not worrying as much about losing it. Have had way more fun with it because of that.

I wouldn't have a blast flying both. The way things are falling out of the sky these day's. I wouldn't but if funds is an issue then do it...

Sold my vision plus and accesories today for 1000 on ebay. Lost some $ but not bad considering an p3a cost 1000

Reactions: Buckaye
Sold my vision plus and accesories today for 1000 on ebay. Lost some $ but not bad considering an p3a cost 1000

I don't mind losing some dollars.... I have a Phantom 2 with zenmuse gimbal - Hero 3+ Black - Kumbacam FPV - ground station - 2 batteries - a hard case - what do you think I could get?

The only issue with the Phantom is a small crack on one of the arms (just on the top - cosmetic only) that does not interfere with flying at all.....

I sold all this for 1k. I lost alot

Attachments

• 20150528_165606.jpg
    20150528_165606.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 334

Don't know what you had for accessories but that is a great price. When you can buy a P2A that does same 1080 as V+ for $999 they are harder to sell. I would be happy to get $800 out of mine :)

So having a ball with it !

Fortunately, I only have about $400 into my gimbal-less P2V+ so I can fly it like my britches are on fire, and with no respect for trees or other obstacles...kinda fun!

I will likely keep my P2 for high risk missions once I purchase a new one. Will it be a P3, P4, Solo, GoProFly or a Google Bird? :confused:

McDonnell Douglas recently demoed a unit here (during International Drone Day) that was awesome. 45 minute battery life, infrared camera, zoom, special frequencies for long distance flying, very quiet and it folded up to the size of a shoebox (just to name a few). The gimbal alone cost $5K with the complete package averaging 50 to 60K. Military grade stuff. Wish I had taken some video of the unit in action. Available at Best Buy in about 3 years :D.

Edit: it was made by
united_states.gif

Lockheed Martin

Last edited:
I hate my P3P , I love my Vision and Vision Plus I would trade my P3P to get a Vision maybe , but I definitely wouldn't do the reverse.

I'll trade you my Phantom 2 with all it's extras for your P3P straight up - hell I'll throw in $200.00.... PM me if interested. (I know you said vision... but what the heck :) worth a try).

I sold all this for 1k. I lost alot
I agree, what pissed me off is that I paid 1300.00 bucks just for the Phantom 2 V+ with an xtra battery, but then DJI came out a month later with the Phantom 3, I would have just waited had I known... Honestly, If anything I'm going to purchase a solo, I'm so done with DJI, plus their customer service absolutely sucks !

I have 2 P3P's and a phantom 2 with H3-3D and a lightbridge system which i love it so much,there is no way to sell it.And without any restrictions at all.

Last edited:
I agree, what pissed me off is that I paid 1300.00 bucks just for the Phantom 2 V+ with an xtra battery, but then DJI came out a month later with the Phantom 3, I would have just waited had I known... Honestly, If anything I'm going to purchase a solo, I'm so done with DJI, plus their customer service absolutely sucks !
Solo is first class garbage

I upgraded from a V2+ to a P3 - I have far more confidence in my P3. A much better developed machine.
Things I miss from my V2+ - manual mode - no height limits. Also i found the camera on the V2+ had better auto exposure control - the image quality obviously less though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.