Think Homeowners called cops

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have relatives who live in the fancy hills. They have a fence and landscape ordinance so nothing can be higher to block their view towards the ocean by those who live beneath them.

More odd was they have a telescope in their bedroom. When I asked about "Who was into astronomy?" it was no one. They spy into each others houses for fun! And all the other houses had telescopes in them as well pointing to other houses. Whole hillside was full of peeping toms. Seems as long as they are inside spying on each other it's okay. And they'll wave to each other while looking through the scopes towards each other. However, anyone outside with a telescope, drone, or camera they'll call the cops on. Weird, but it's LA.

Seems as long as they are inside spying on each other it's okay. And they'll wave to each other while looking through the scopes towards each other. However, anyone outside with a telescope, drone, or camera they'll call the cops on. Weird, but it's LA.

You don't invite the riff raff to the parties... ;)

No telling but if you were where I live and I saw lights flashing by my window the cops would be the last thing you saw.
;)
If
See, what sucks about this whole situation is that I use my drone to view scenery and operate with the "run silent, run deep" motto as not to bother anyone so that I can continue the freedom I currently have while operating my drone.

If I flew my drone close enough to windows so that I could make out that someone is lying on a bed, I would expect that my freedom will be at some point in time limited. Secondly, that dude up on the hill probably has had some success in his life and career and I would bet that he knows people who will most likely use scenarios like this to build more legislation, again taking more freedom away.

To the OP, I don't know what your though process is posting this here and what you were expecting of a response, but I would ask that you use better judgement in the future because your actions will affect other people.
These are good points, and we all have a stake in it. As drones evolve they will be more feature-rich, and less expensive. That is an invitation for the simply curious to join our ranks, without a bit of passion or commitment. A bunch of pitiful losers who plan on using their drones to become the next youtube millionaires.

We all have an obligation to set a good example. Flying close enough to identify people through windows shows poor form, and sets a bad example for all of us.

Cheers,
rc

While I agree 100% with the basic sentiment here, perhaps a little different perspective...

Sounds like a kid. 14 or less, likely.

Kids are all naive, inexperienced in life, generally foolish, and do lots of stupid things. Kids are in the peak learning stage of life, after all.

So, while the offense isn't diminished at all, I'd say that if the kid learned his lesson, and is learning (being instructed?) the proper rules and practices, AND has a new respect for following these rules, it can be chalked up to an honest learning experience, rather than the act of a scurrilous pervert, nefarious scofflaw, antisocial narcissist, or whatever other general bad-actor we'd see an adult as.

Reactions: bungrudi
While I agree 100% with the basic sentiment here, perhaps a little different perspective...

Sounds like a kid. 14 or less, likely.

Kids are all naive, inexperienced in life, generally foolish, and do lots of stupid things. Kids are in the peak learning stage of life, after all.

So, while the offense isn't diminished at all, I'd say that if the kid learned his lesson, and is learning (being instructed?) the proper rules and practices, AND has a new respect for following these rules, it can be chalked up to an honest learning experience, rather than the act of a scurrilous pervert, nefarious scofflaw, antisocial narcissist, or whatever other general bad-actor we'd see an adult as.

Yeah, well he claims to be 28.

Tobby

Ya mean he lied about his age ....
IMG_7557.GIF

Reactions: Daptone
Easy way to find out.

Post the flight log.

AD

This person gets a kick out of getting response. Just a bunch of junk.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: PunaPhantom
200_s.gif

Sorry guys, I am calling BS on this story.
And lets hope the OP doesn't really fly like that or have those insane views on what is allow.
Thanks for playing.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic