There's no general threat using Google Assistant with Go 4 app. DJI Drone could kill…

I haven't spotted any misbehaviour in those three flights.
Can you find one where the issue shows up?
It would help if you could pinpoint the time to look for as well.

Agreed. The first one wasn't a flight. The second one didn't show any obvious anomalous behavior - the aircraft appeared to respond normally to the controls. I lost interest before examining the third one. More information needed.

Your DJI Drone could kill you or someone close to you.
Or at least do some serious damage to you or people near you!

Please send this serious warning to as many places as possible.
If you are flying with an Android device and initiate Google Assistant with “Ok Google” or “Hi Google” and you are flying your DJI drone with DJI go app your aircraft becomes totally out of control.
Take a look at this video.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I have been in constant contact with DJI, almost 20 emails for many weeks and they refuse to put out a general warning to DJI go app users not to engage Google Assistant.
Their response has been this.
“Kindly noted that I have updated the flightrecords as you provided back on MAR 21ST to the Field Application Engineering team…”
“As you mentioned, on your previous emails, it is unsafe for the people around. We appreciate your effort however to provide us with the needed records for our designated developers to review the flight and confirm your claimed issue with the DJI GO 4 app when used with the Google Assistant.”

DJI know there is a problem and a serious one. I know they are working very hard at solving the problem, but they are refusing to warn the public.

Please pass this warning to as many as you can.

First off, thank you for the Warning and Alarm your sounding off about the possible outcome of loosing control of your drone using Google. Despite the feedback you might get , you most likely saved countless number of new drone pilots a panic situation if not a fly away.

I also think the video you posted really demonstrates the problem you were having, but keep in mind that not everyone is going to have the same exact sequence of events, do to firmware, third party downloads but it should bring caution,to using google . and I like how you show how you got the Drone back each time. Well done.

You might want to post the Firmware, and the version of Google Assistant you are using to narrow it down a bit.

Phantomrain.org
coal

Please do pass on the warning about using GA with the Go app. I have no doubt that sooner or later a DJI drone will do damage to things or worse people.

On a lighter note, you can't always trust Virtual Assistants.

I use word on my phone to create shopping lists. So lazy I don't type but speak into it. Its pretty efficient and fast.
But there are exceptions.
I put a reminder in this morning and said
"Paracetamol and ibuprofen."
I just looked at it and it said.
"Paracetamol and you have a boyfriend."
****! News to me, didn't know what the hell was happening, till it dawned on me.
Sorry for cross posts to other Pilots forums.

Did we get the correct flight logs posted, this would shed a lot of light on what might be going on here?

Please do pass on the warning about using GA with the Go app. I have no doubt that sooner or later a DJI drone will do damage to things or worse people.

On a lighter note, you can't always trust Virtual Assistants.

I use word on my phone to create shopping lists. So lazy I don't type but speak into it. Its pretty efficient and fast.
But there are exceptions.
I put a reminder in this morning and said
"Paracetamol and ibuprofen."
I just looked at it and it said.
"Paracetamol and you have a boyfriend."
****! News to me, didn't know what the hell was happening, till it dawned on me.
Sorry for cross posts to other Pilots forums.
Has DJI actually told you that they suspect GA as the culprit? Advising you not to use GA based on your concerns as expressed to them would seem appropriate and reasonable however it probably shouldn’t be taken as confirmation GA is implicated.

Your problems may have nothing to do with GA.

Have you actually provided flight logs to DJI that relate to the problem flights (it seems from the email you shared they were waiting for logs).

I've spent ages looking for the right ones but can't find them. In fact I don't think I sent the right ones to DJI.
On the video I was using a phone to fly. I can count on one hand I have used anything to fly with other than the Epson BT-300 glasses.
I will go back to the phone and try and find them.
In my first post With The Birds, I wrote this

I have been in constant contact with DJI, almost 20 emails for many weeks and they refuse to put out a general warning to DJI go app users not to engage Google Assistant.
“Kindly noted that I have updated the flightrecords as you provided back on MAR 21ST to the Field Application Engineering team…”
“As you mentioned, on your previous emails, it is unsafe for the people around. We appreciate your effort however to provide us with the needed records for our designated developers to review the flight and confirm your claimed issue with the DJI GO 4 app when used with the Google Assistant.”

That seems to me that they have looked into it and have found something. Presumably you read the post so why would you write
"Your problems may have nothing to do with GA." So what do you think is the problem With The Birds?

I've spent ages looking for the right ones but can't find them. In fact I don't think I sent the right ones to DJI.
On the video I was using a phone to fly. I can count on one hand I have used anything to fly with other than the Epson BT-300 glasses.
I will go back to the phone and try and find them.
In my first post With The Birds, I wrote this

That seems to me that they have looked into it and have found something. Presumably you read the post so why would you write
"Your problems may have nothing to do with GA." So what do you think is the problem With The Birds?
Assuming you haven’t provided DJI with the flight records for the subject flights how could they possibly arrive at the determination GA is likely to be implicated??

I don’t know what the problem was. That is the correct answer absent evidence. Not knowing doesn’t leave it open to conclude GA is the probable cause.

Last edited:
Man great reading this has been
Yeh must say after thinking a bit it's like taking a phone call while flying,,mayby to much of a crossed signal going on,,think of it use it heaps but not while conected to app,,,,still that's a flaw in software of no safety features if this happens,,the drone just takes off,,Christen come back,,,seriously I still would have had undy change after that,,take care and stay at the beach for those nice sights again.....ps if you have old device with app installed just sync it and flights return,,,,are these the ones you look for,,what ever they called

If you are flying with an Android device and initiate Google Assistant with “Ok Google” or “Hi Google” and you are flying your DJI drone with DJI go app your aircraft becomes totally out of control.

DJI know there is a problem and a serious one. I know they are working very hard at solving the problem, but they are refusing to warn the public.

Could you not just turn off your transmitter and let it just return to home on it's own?

For myself I would never have any other apps running on the phone/display even though they say your phone can run several apps at the same time for every app you have running it cuts the clock cycles that are available to run the DJI app and when using speech to text converting which uses a lot of the cycles there cannot be a lot to spare.
I am not saying this was your problem but it is something to think about.

Because they have obviously tested GA while flying with the DJI Go app With The Birds. I think from the tone of their emails they are very worried.
But as you can see they are very insistent that I do not use GA while flying. Syncing flight records with DJI cloud and its taking forever. But they must before I got the BT glasses because as I have said I don't use phones to fly just that one occasion on the vid.
You mean your remote control Poppy? Possibly? But as I have said I now turn my phone off before flying.
Look I really don't know what is happening. What I do know is that when the Mavic 2 went bonkers I had just said "Ok Google" Like in the same second the Mavic went to the hills. Shot off like it was on steroids. And yes ianzone we are happy to entertain.
And a big thanks to those who have been nice, polite and constructive.

Because they have obviously tested GA while flying with the DJI Go app With The Birds. I think from the tone of their emails they are very worried.
But as you can see they are very insistent that I do not use GA while flying. Syncing flight records with DJI cloud and its taking forever. But they must before I got the BT glasses because as I have said I don't use phones to fly just that one occasion on the vid.
You mean your remote control Poppy? Possibly? But as I have said I now turn my phone off before flying.
Look I really don't know what is happening. What I do know is that when the Mavic 2 went bonkers I had just said "Ok Google" Like in the same second the Mavic went to the hills. Shot off like it was on steroids. And yes ianzone we are happy to entertain.
And a big thanks to those who have been nice, polite and constructive.
I don’t know how you get to the view DJI has obviously tested GA with GO. You must have other emails? All it seems that might be reasonably assumed from the correspondence you shared is that they appreciate your concern and your letting them know and they are trying to understand what the issue might be.

Sometimes you have to a little over dramatic to get people's attention. If you had seen that mad drone rocket away I am sure you would understand my language. It did become a rocket as +1Kg one. If it hit a little kid at that speed with those 8 sharp knives there would not be much kid left. Or an adult for that matter.
I am sure DJI have tested GA with the Go app they sort of indicated they have and it would be the obvious thing to do. It's the job of their engineers to do this. Plus they keep repeating to me do not fly with GA. And you are right With The Birds they were very grateful.
I have uploaded all the Flight data from my phone to DJI's cloud. I have also uploaded all the data to my dropbox.
Is it ok If I insert the link here so any one in the forum and access it, I mean could that cause any problem at all? I have nothing else in my Dropbox. Although there are a lot of them its only the middle of March ones that will hold the data when the Mavic went mental.
As I said there have been many emails to and fro.
So should I put the shared link to my dropbox on here?

A "little" LOT over dramatic maybe??

OP, if saying OK Google makes your drone go crazy, just don't say OK Google while flying it.

So should I put the shared link to my dropbox on here?
Doubtful that will help you. No one here wants to dig through all your flight logs to try and find some one-off anomally for you. There are plenty of people here who will analyze the correct flight log, but it's up to you to find it.

Get a dedicated tablet or phone and disable google assistant.

I do not use phones or tablets. I do not know how people cope with constantly looking up and down. I used to always lose sight of my drone. I only use the Epson BT 300 which are absolutely brilliant. I only used a phone for the video I made.

You should be able to see the logs here, tell me if you can see them. Start with March.
www.dropbox.com

reflightrecordsrequestcas2750401p9k5k9
Shared with Dropbox
www.dropbox.com
www.dropbox.com

!. The video shows almost nothing. The display is black all the time. The only thing I could see was 'GPS mode'.
2. Many inputs from the operator get us an impression of pretty chaotic strategy to get back the drone.
3. I don't see any reason to run DJI assistant during the flight.
The message here can be - DJI GO app. can sometimes do some problems. That's why not to fly over people or over objects that can be damaged.
If you can replay this situation with other phone or mobile device than it'll have something to discuss about.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.