There's always ways to track US.

Reactions: JoBe
Because it's used to track DJI drones only.
DJI Aeroscope can track DJI drones natively, but can also work with other manufacturer's drones without any hardware modifications. I don't know exactly what is needed, but I'd guess some sort of way for the system to decode the other manufactures downlink data. That's something I'd think that governments could be able to get. Of course, bad actors always have ways to get around things.

Full disclosure - all I know about the system is what I saw in the news video and what I read about when it was introduced last year. I am not an expert on the system at all. :)

Reactions: JoBe and Ansia
Because it's used to track DJI drones only.

That's not true if you're talking about the subject of the thread. Also I'm pretty sure that AeroScope said it "could" detect other sUAS but currently it's only working with DJI during the initial phases of release.

If you're only talking about AeroScope I apologize for barging in :)

Reactions: Ansia
Then why can't England use this to find the operator that shut down their airport?
They couldn't track it, because it didn't exist. That's what had them baffled. "Why can't we track it?" They don't have anything to track plastic bags.

It's a drone, no it a bird, it's a UFO, it's another plane. What it's nothing.

Hi...I'm new to all this...VERY GREEN... is there any way possible for drones not be tracked....or is that against the law? I do understand why drones are tracked for the most part but is there a way to be invisible....just wondering... hypothetically???

Hi...I'm new to all this...VERY GREEN... is there any way possible for drones not be tracked....or is that against the law? I do understand why drones are tracked for the most part but is there a way to be invisible....just wondering... hypothetically???

Drones are not invisible and really can't be if they are being "controlled" via a signal (2-way). An autonomous unit would be much more stealthy IMHO.

No it's not illegal to track a drone.

You may think I’m paranoid, however....

Given the recent events here in the UK, I think that these forums should perhaps be a little circumspect over any discussions that could be construed as to how to potentially set up your drone so it operates in what might be seen as a stealth mode. I realise that this is not anyone’s intention, however it’s only a short step from discussing how a drone tracking system works, to a discussion about how to block it.

Given the extra scrutiny that our community is surely facing at the moment, it would only take a little twisting by some ambitious journalist, wanting to make a name for thenselves, to write that our forums ‘appear’ to be providing advice to members surrounding anti-tracking measures.

I know, sounds paranoid doesn’t it? It was just a thought, as I would hate to see our great community tainted.

They couldn't track it, because it didn't exist. That's what had them baffled. "Why can't we track it?" They don't have anything to track plastic bags.

It's a drone, no it a bird, it's a UFO, it's another plane. What it's nothing.

The only drone that was flying that day was the Police drone. Eye witnesses on the day said it was a large plastic bag kept aloft by the wind. You couldn't make this stuff up!!!

The only drone that was flying that day was the Police drone. Eye witnesses on the day said it was a large plastic bag kept aloft by the wind. You couldn't make this stuff up!!!

That’s hilarious. I hadn’t heard that one.
Was that the case the following day as well? And at Heathrow the other day?

Everything has gone very quiet about everything drone and airport from what I’ve seem if the news. *** Comment removed by Moderator***

Last edited by a moderator:
These drone tracking systems need a device transmitting from the drone as well as one that can receive and interpret the transmitted signal. "Good Guys" should welcome any technology that can document their legal flights so that they can defend against improper citations. The issue is "Bad Guys" won't volunteer to get the required equipment or if their drone has it at the time of purchase, they will disable it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj