Thee Brand New Phantom 3 FirmWare

Are you going to make me try it now?? I always wait for you:D:D to make sure I don't get kicked off the cliff.:D
@bobmyers,
Perhaps wait until after 6:00pm MST.
There has been an error, and the said bin file is actually empty.
They told me to try again, after dinner. . . ;-)

RedHotPoker

Reactions: bobmyers
@bobmyers,
Perhaps wait until after 6:00pm MST.
There has been an error, and the said bin file is actually empty.
They told me to try again, after dinner. . . ;-)

RedHotPoker
I most certainly will do that :D:D:D I would rather let you jump of first :p:p:p

@bobmyers
Try this "Not too old to learn"

I would most certainly jump "off" of the cliff first,
Knowing you were jumping "off" right after Me!! Hehehe

I always knew that English 30 matriculation course would eventually come in handy. Who knew it would take 40+ years? ;-)

RedHotPoker

@bobmyers
Try this "Not too old to learn"

I would most certainly jump "off" of the cliff first,
Knowing you were jumping "off" right after Me!! Hehehe

I always knew that English 30 matriculation course would eventually come in handy. Who knew it would take 40+ years? ;-)

RedHotPoker
LMAO!!!:D:D:D

I tried to update my Phantom 3 Pro, but the update doesn't start.
Tried two different micro sd cards and nothing.
Formatted the card, copy and paste the latest firmware.
Insert the card back in the gimbal. Turn on the Phantom.
I hear D-DD once, and that's it. The Gimbal light stays solid green.
The rear arm LED's blink fast, yellow. Nothing else happens.?
Any ideas or suggestions?
This is the first time my updates failed to begin.
Edit:
I was told to try AGAIN after 6:00pm MST.
Apparently, there has been a mistake, and the bin file is actually empty. ;-)
No wonder it wouldn't update.

RedHotPoker
I will always check the update file two time before using it and getting restless :)

Good you are out of the trouble. Best wishes.

I had experienced morning dew, tiny droplets of beading moisture glistening my furrowed brow.
Is it starting to get a little warm in here, or is it just me?

Man, I've been so fortunate, (still am) & have never had a problem or concern with my Phantom 3 Pro', before today. After the initial try, I was minorly concerned. Figured it was a simple redownload and all would run smoothly. Time after time, and nothing. Tried a different micro sd card, still no go. Now I was starting to feel some tension, tightness in the pit of my stomach. Not quite dizzy, but feeling light headed, like a helium rush. I finally regained my senses and picked up the blower, & dialed Phantom 411!!
The friendly voice, on the other end of the line, informed me of the problem, it was at DJI HQ. Not my micro sd card or drone at all.
If that file was truly empty, why was it showing content inside the numerical memory. The file wasn't empty, but it certainly held no current firmware update. ;-)
What a relief to learn the fix, just wait a few three hours and try it.
Ahhhhh. . . sigh of joy.
& I'm usually one of the first, to download and update firmware.
Ah, I Have the new app though. Hehe

So I'm understanding the 2.7K resolution, won't be available for the Phantom 3 Pro iOS version until next firmware? Why, I ponder, wonder, and can only guess.

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
I had experienced morning dew, tiny droplets of beading moisture glistening my furrowed brow.
Is it starting to get a little warm in here, or is it just me?

Man, I've been so fortunate, (still am) & have never had a problem or concern with my Phantom 3 Pro', before today. After the initial try, I was minorly concerned. Figured it was a simple redownload and all would run smoothly. Time after time, and nothing. Tried a different micro sd card, still no go. Now I was starting to feel some tension, tightness in the pit of my stomach. Not quite dizzy, but feeling light headed, like a helium rush. I finally regained my senses and picked up the blower, & dialed Phantom 411!!
The friendly voice, on the other end of the line, informed me of the problem, it was at DJI HQ. Not my micro sd card or drone at all.
If that file was truly empty, why was it showing content inside the numerical memory. The file wasn't empty, but it certainly held no current firmware update. ;-)
What a relief to learn the fix, just wait a few three hours and try it.
Ahhhhh. . . sigh of joy.
& I'm usually one of the first, to download and update firmware.
Ah, I Have the new app though. Hehe

So I'm understanding the 2.7K resolution, won't be available for the Phantom 3 Pro, until next firmware? Why, I ponder, wonder, and can only guess.

RedHotPoker
I just downloaded the file-- but not going to try the upgrade till Saturday-- got some big flying planned for Thursday and Friday... by that time you will have jumped off the cliff, pulled the rip cord and floated gently down to the river canyon below and got those pictures with your trusty hand held camera. :D:D

That will be fine, Yup, just me and the Nikon D800, balancing the 80-400mm over one shoulder. ;-)
I am surprised, and only mildly irritated by this uncommon delay.
But I can hold the reigns until it's time to take the next large leap.
Hopefully, this isn't going to be a leap of faith. Hehe
Why not download it, later in the day? Knowing it could be a foul, with that file.

RedHotPoker

May be DJI programming department finds it easier to add new features onto Android platform than iOS platform?
That would be the reverse from our usual firmware updates.
It was common for iOS to get the goods first. Oh well, it will be a nice addition to the camera functionality, when ever it arrives.
Definately interested in trying 2.7K video, seeing how it differs from our current 4K and 1080p.

RedHotPoker

I just downloaded the file-- but not going to try the upgrade till Saturday-- got some big flying planned for Thursday and Friday... by that time you will have jumped off the cliff, pulled the rip cord and floated gently down to the river canyon below and got those pictures with your trusty hand held camera. :D:D
That was my plan too, as I have an important flight on Saturday- a night flight no less. The only reason I decided to update today is because I had the drifting issue pretty bad in even just moderate wind. It was either dealing with a possible difficult flight battling that, or update to solve it and have a problem free flight at crunch time. Updating seemed more logical. I couldn't get past the fact that I had a problem that this firmware specifically aims to fix. Happy to say, it seems fixed to me! Now on Saturday the wind could be 10mph or so and not throw me off. But just to spite me, it'll rain, lol!

That was my plan too, as I have an important flight on Saturday- a night flight no less. The only reason I decided to update today is because I had the drifting issue pretty bad in even just moderate wind. It was either dealing with a possible difficult flight battling that, or update to solve it and have a problem free flight at crunch time. Updating seemed more logical. I couldn't get past the fact that I had a problem that this firmware specifically aims to fix. Happy to say, it seems fixed to me! Now on Saturday the wind could be 10mph or so and not throw me off. But just to spite me, it'll rain, lol!
Supposed to rain here also-- three days forecast-- hopefully stops long enough to do a few Waypoint missions on the ranch.

All is well that ends "swell".
I was trying to update my drone and failed to recognize that I had included the folder or something that came with the bin file. Once that file or container was removed, it was smooth sailing.
So, I am back, back up, updated and running free.

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Reactions: Oso
my p3p is not responding to any firmware update. i am currently on v. 4.0010. the RC give a error report to upgrade my aircraft and i tried to download the new firmware from dji.com (FW v 05.0030)
my aircraft is not responding to the upgrade and the error report of upgrade aircraft is still showing)
i cant control the camera gimbals

HELP

All I can say, is to be sure Only the bin file, and Nothing else goes on the micro sd card. I had the exact same issue. The bin file must be bare, no container, file folder or anything that it came zipped with.
Once you do that, when the card is placed back in the gimbal, turn the drone on, and the beeping and blinking green red gimbal lights will start to dance, almost immediately. ;-)

RedHotPoker

ok so i did the down load and firmware up grade today.
after i finished all the beeping and light blinking i tried to up date the controler but that didn't work.
i looked at the tablet screen under other and this is what i saw.
App 2.4.1
RC 1.3.20
Firmware 1.5.30
is this what it is supposed to be?
thx Don,.

There is no firmware for intelligent flight batteries, this Go around. ;-)

The latest firmware in my Phantom 3 Pro', and Go app:
App version 2.4.2
Aircraft version 1.5.30
RC version 1.5.70

RedHotPoker

There is no firmware for intelligent flight batteries, this Go around. ;-)

The latest firmware in my Phantom 3 Pro', and Go app:
App version 2.4.2
Aircraft version 1.5.30
RC version 1.5.70

RedHotPoker
Was Android App also changed to 2.4.2?

Hi, I can't answer that, as I have only used iOS devices, from the Genesis, beginning.

Edit: I just read this in another thread.
I updated today from 1.3.2 to 1.4.1 and then right to 1.5.3. Also updated GO app on my Ipad mini 4 (2.4.2) and Android tablet (2.4.1) and updated RC thru GO app to1.5.7. No problems with any updates.

There you go. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers