Brand New Phantom 3 Advanced

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I am new to the DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Drone I just got it the other day, I do own a different Make by a different company, but this one is completely new to me. Ok here is what happened, I updated the firmware on the aircraft to the most recent on the DJI site, It said it was successful. I tried to connect to the DJI Go app and it shows disconnected, So I updated the DJI Go app also, So I tried to reset the link to the controller and it says Confirm Frequency Settings? I have not updated the RC firmware, when I tried it just sets there, I put the updated Bin file that I used on the aircraft after formatting the card, but the controller is not recognizing it or something. The Camera control on the remote works, it moves the camera up and down, I really wanted to fly it tomorrow but looks like that's not going to happen. The remote controller shows a green light that indicates it's connected to the drone, the back LEDs on the drone are flashing RED and yellow I guess, I'd be so grateful for any help you guy's can give me. Thanks In advance
SteveP55
OK Now I changed the Battery on the Phantom and everything's working perfectly, Any Ideas why the other Battery makes a difference ? they are both charged up the same?

Last edited:
Hi Paul,
Thanks for getting back to me, here is what I have figured out, maybe you can help me with this, When I up dated the firmware on the Phantom3 Advanced it updated the first battery also, Me not knowing any better, I didn't know that, so I figured everything was set, Not, I didn't do the second battery at that time, so now I formatted the SD card and placed the updated firmware on it and put in, with the other battery in, hoping it would up date the second battery... it didn't it left me a text message file that said that the firmware I inserted was the same ,so it aborted the update, so now how do I get it to update my second battery? any Ideas would be much appreciated! Thanks in Advance
SteveP55

If you leave the bin file on SD card and insert the second battery and turn on AC, you will notice second battery will get updated. It will take two minutes but AC will not be updated as it has the same FW. Repeat this procedure with all the batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hi allokbhargava,
Thanks for answering, you need an easier name.... LOL, I know what your saying, I have tried this over and over again, After the light on the AC turns green, then I reboot the AC with the new battery in and turn on the RC and open the DJI app but it won't connect, soon as I put in the battery that did up date everythings good to go. I'll keep trying, both batteries are brand new? Anyway thanks for taking the time to answer. I just did it again and it actually WORKED ! Thanks again...My dad was an electrical engineer as well as a mechanical engineer and retired from Woodward Governor. You guy's can do anything with that kind of Brain Power ! Thanks Again for taking the time to help.
Take Care
SteveP55

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl