The ultimate Beach House

Brilliant video, flying and timing!

Can you imagine how annoying it would be to bring back groceries?? :)

If you have some spare time on your hands, I wouldn't mind you detailing you workflow and settings. This is one of the great videos I have watched in a while.

Thanks alot!

Steely said:
Very nice. Any problems with the H3-3D?

I'm using the H3-2D, bought before the H3-3D was available.

Regarding settings:
- 30 fps
- 1440p ( to be able to adjust afterwards)
- Medium field of view

Using Adobe Premiere CC for editing and grading. Exporting at 30 MBit/s bitrare

Wow, OK, surprise surprise. Medium field of view. Information out there is that is not the native field of view of the lens and anything else than wide is simply done through software and resolution takes a hit.

30 fps makes nice slow motion not possible without trickery with software.
1440 I understand (but no 60fps).

Your settings surprises me but at the same time proves yon can achieve pretty amazing results when you know what you're doing.

Didn't see any problems with resolution in your video.

3 or 3+?

I can imagine the expression on the pizza delivery guys face when that address pops up for an order... "Awwww Man!"

pokercop said:
I can imagine the expression on the pizza delivery guys face when that address pops up for an order... "Awwww Man!"

lmao you'd be obligated to tip well!

Thanks for the nice feedback!

I forgot to add information regarding the soundtrack, it's now added in the youtube description. It's "The time is now" by Dexter Britain.

I also noticed that I wrote H3-3D by mistake in my first post, it should be H3-2D.

Regarding settings I've experimented quite a lot with the whole workflow (recording, editing, exporting, uploading, etc...) and found that a lot of the "truths" that I've read about in forum/blogs/etc... didn't hold up in practice. As an example, If you apply sharpening in post (e.g. in Adobe Premiere) I believe the "Medium" FOV is as sharp as the other.

I'm still struggling with getting protune right and it was not used at all for this video.

Otto,
Nice smooth and sharp....that is the key...I too have been experimenting with the video quality from the GoPro. I have a white, silver and now a black+3. Everyone keeps saying protune is the best for quality...someone will have to convince me of that.
Playing around for about a week now with the black and have found that 1440 @ 48fps gives good sharp video with smooth pans and yaws. Protune to me is like using the old soft focus portrait filter in my film days on an RB6x7 with an 180mm portrait lens. It is sharp but fuzzy! I am waiting on my 3 axis gimbal and Phantom 2 to come from Atlanta Hobby in a couple of weeks to do some aerial tests. Also found a new and better host for my videos that is truly HD without a lot of processing: flowplayer.org All of my post work is done in FCPX. Tell us more about the shoot and your amazing video quality. I do a lot of videos for business, industry and real estate businesses. Always striving for better quality and tapping other people's brains. Thanks for sharing your video. Keep up the great work.

ericdes said:
Wow, OK, surprise surprise. Medium field of view. Information out there is that is not the native field of view of the lens and anything else than wide is simply done through software and resolution takes a hit.

30 fps makes nice slow motion not possible without trickery with software.
1440 I understand (but no 60fps).

Your settings surprises me but at the same time proves yon can achieve pretty amazing results when you know what you're doing.

Didn't see any problems with resolution in your video.

3 or 3+?

Resolution never really takes much of a hit in the GoPro, as most video is actually scaled down from the sensor to fit the desired formats, tho some do not quite scale down as well as others.
more info here
http://abekislevitz.com/understanding-your-new-gopro/

Otto,
Nice smooth and sharp....that is the key...I too have been experimenting with the video quality from the GoPro. I have a white, silver and now a black+3. Everyone keeps saying protune is the best for quality...someone will have to convince me of that.
Playing around for about a week now with the black and have found that 1440 @ 48fps gives good sharp video with smooth pans and yaws. Protune to me is like using the old soft focus portrait filter in my film days on an RB6x7 with an 180mm portrait lens. It is sharp but fuzzy! I am waiting on my 3 axis gimbal and Phantom 2 to come from Atlanta Hobby in a couple of weeks to do some aerial tests. Also found a new and better host for my videos that is truly HD without a lot of processing: flowplayer.org All of my post work is done in FCPX. Tell us more about the shoot and your amazing video quality. I do a lot of videos for business, industry and real estate businesses. Always striving for better quality and tapping other people's brains. Thanks for sharing your video. Keep up the great work.

What type.of sharpening are you applying in post? My problem with protune is mainly when grading colours, but with some sharpening in Adobe Premiere I find the video to be as sharp as without protune.

After reading Abe's guide I believe my problem with protune can be solved by using auto white balance rather than RAW, I'm gonna try and report back.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl