The shoreline Sunrise

Reaction score
Website
www.jeffreysipress.com
There have been a string of great mornings in Santa Barbara lately, though the streak has ended. This was around 6:30 AM on 12-12-19. Three frame horizontal stitch pano created in Photoshop. Phantom 4 Pro. Click image to see larger.

sbshorepano1.jpg

Breathtaking!

Reactions: JeffreyS
Really nice.
I'm confused. I thought the mountains were in the east and the ocean was in the west. You have all these sunrises over water.
The Santa Barbara coastline and mountains trend east-west, so that in summer, the sun rises and sets behind the mountains. Now in wintertime, the sun rises and sets over the ocean.

That is a gorgeous image. Great work!

Reactions: JeffreyS
Aw you're killin' me! I have to get up early and try a bit of this.
I'm temporarily in Goleta for what will probably be a few more weeks, maybe a month, then it's back down to Camarillo. You're work is very inspirational to me.
I bought a used P4P and am still building my confidence flying it, when I can. I've been working 7 days a week for over ten hours a day but am taking Monday and Tuesday off.

Aw you're killin' me! I have to get up early and try a bit of this.
I'm temporarily in Goleta for what will probably be a few more weeks, maybe a month, then it's back down to Camarillo. You're work is very inspirational to me.
I bought a used P4P and am still building my confidence flying it, when I can. I've been working 7 days a week for over ten hours a day but am taking Monday and Tuesday off.

RBuzz, thank you. It is not like this every morning. I monitor the Weather Underground 10 day forecast and look for 'cloud cover' indications. Then I get up around 5:45 and peek out the window that gives me a partial view, and if I see pre-dawn dark streaky clouds, I drive to the shore, less than 10 minutes as I live downtown. There are some convenient places to fly from around the harbor. Maybe we can meetup there some day.

RBuzz, thank you. It is not like this every morning. I monitor the Weather Underground 10 day forecast and look for 'cloud cover' indications. Then I get up around 5:45 and peek out the window that gives me a partial view, and if I see pre-dawn dark streaky clouds, I drive to the shore, less than 10 minutes as I live downtown. There are some convenient places to fly from around the harbor. Maybe we can meetup there some day.
Sounds good. I was over in your area yesterday messing with the Phantom and may today. It was some park along the southern beach area

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic