The new no fly zones keep growing

But if we don't fight back you'll be filling out flight logs, need a license and physical and maybe even drug testing. For christ's sake, these are 2# Quads. Seems everytime some fun,new hobby emerges the regulators are on it like a shot. Jail Time? Cmon folks. We're not talkin' 2000# + aircraft.Seems a lot safer than filling the skies with full size aircraft and copters that have killed alotta pilots and civilians on the ground. I'll prefer outlaw than cow tow to what I think is a lotta BS. Sorry.
The problem is that it is federal regulations and that you can wind up in a lot of expensive trouble or even prison time if they catch a person in violation. And everytime they catch someone, that gives them reason to tighten the cuffs a little more.

You keep mentioning DJI...not there call....get a different drone then..I like my DJI, has preferomed well....and does what I tell it....!!

Don't kid yourself, It's definitely their call.

I, like you, am happy with the performance of my phantom but I don't need a company in China telling me where I can fly it

Don't kid yourself, It's definitely their call.

I, like you, am happy with the performance of my phantom but I don't need a company in China telling me where I can fly it
They may be required by the Feds to do this to be able to export them to the US or other countries-- why else would they even mess with this?

They may be required by the Feds to do this to be able to export them to the US or other countries-- why else would they even mess with this?

you might be right, but i doubt transport canada has required them to do this

Liability, Liability, Liability.

They got DEEP pockets!

Is there a place where these "new" NFZs are available for others to view, or is it just showing up on the app when you try to launch? I'm interested in seeing if there's any expanded ones in my area.

It is not just DJI setting these up-- check this out

AirMap

It is not just DJI setting these up-- check this out

AirMap
I signed up for the Beta for this Map service-- no charge-- if you check recreational in the setup-- it will give you all the 5 mile radius zones -- if you want further details on Classes -- you can check those.

That link shows less than two dozen NFZs in Canada, and only one or two of them are Class B. Also it shows no NFZ near the area where tomic is indicating his craft won't launch.

it doesnt show on the DJI website only on the app

Reactions: Jay911
it doesnt show on the DJI website only on the app

Makes some sense... updating a web map is a lower priority than the Geo-fences.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj