The most satellites in GPS mode

spanktimonious said:
AllanVB said:
gfredrone said:
I've had 11 as my max. Has anyone had more?
17- out here in the country - central Oregon. I think its the clean air. :)

That's weird. Most sources indicate that 12 is the max number of satellites that are above the horizon at a given time.

The extra satellites will be part of the Glonass system (Russian).

spanktimonious said:
AllanVB said:
gfredrone said:
I've had 11 as my max. Has anyone had more?
17- out here in the country - central Oregon. I think its the clean air. :)

That's weird. Most sources indicate that 12 is the max number of satellites that are above the horizon at a given time.
Well, my eyesight is not the best, but I use glasses when I fly. Maybe, coulda been 12....

http://spaceweather.com/flybys/

Here in Northern California I average 9 or 10 on the ground and 10-12 @ +200'. The Russian GPS system is not available to receivers here in the US. Normally the max number of satellites above the horizon at any given time is 12. Some are so low as to be blocked by mountains, hills or buildings. The Phantom will maintain lock with at least 6, less than 6 six for 20 seconds and it will auto land. Your GPS mapping device only needs 2 or 3 to be accurate as it also used dead reckoning referenced to turns you make so it can correct on the fly.

F6Rider said:
Here in Northern California I average 9 or 10 on the ground and 10-12 @ +200'. The Russian GPS system is not available to receivers here in the US. Normally the max number of satellites above the horizon at any given time is 12. Some are so low as to be blocked by mountains, hills or buildings. The Phantom will maintain lock with at least 6, less than 6 six for 20 seconds and it will auto land. Your GPS mapping device only needs 2 or 3 to be accurate as it also used dead reckoning referenced to turns you make so it can correct on the fly.
Cannot understand why your P2V can not receive Glonass, surely DJI do not make different Phantom models for the US.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl