The Madness has started and the FBI is on the hunt

Sad. But very much expected that these would occur

Coming from a law enforcement perspective, if the FAA/FBI and the other acronyms want these drone regulations taken seriously, they will prosecute these offenses to the fullest.

Sometimes warnings are warranted, but flying during a TFR, especially one of this magnitude, is just ignorant.

The best thing other drone users can do is turn these idiots in, call the police if you see anybody breaking the law. WE MUST POLICE OUR OWN!

We have a bad enough rap already...

Not all of these violators are necessarily stupid. They are ignorant of the law. Met someone last week giving a non-drone related presentation and he just happened to have some of his own drone footage displaying in the break between his slides. He mentioned that he had bought a Mavic for his son who had no interest in it, so he started using it. When I pointed out that his footage was obviously shot illegally, he looked at me like he had no idea what I was talking about. I told him he can't fly over people on the beach and his reply was he liked to fly it while he relaxed drinking a beer. :eek:I explained the rules about alcohol and flying, but I could tell nothing I said about the law mattered to him. I guarantee he'll keep doing what he's been doing until he gets in trouble. It was obvious no one had ever told him these rules, so he wasn't being stupid. He was just ignorant. If he does indeed continue with what I tried to correct him on, he then graduates from ignorant to stupid. How many of these people breaking rules with their drones have ever had those rules explained to them? I don't ever remember seeing any rules come with a drone I've bought.They say ignorance of the law is no excuse, but if they only confiscated 4 drones out of 77 incidents down in the superbowl tfr, maybe it is sometimes.

Reactions: DanDiego
Everybody who buy a drone should get some rules explanation. I think the seller shoud do that.

Everybody who buy a drone should get some rules explanation. I think the seller shoud do that.

When I bought my P4P it came with a leaflet enclosed, explaining the UK "drone code". This is a couple of years ago now, however.
A few things have changed in the mean time, such as compulsory registration, and I'd be interested to know if updated information is enclosed now, at least in the UK...

Andy why would the UAS industry require the seller to do this? No other industry requires the seller to educate the product to the consumer. Many sellers don't know the regulations etc because they sell more than just drones.

I do think the FAA (in the US) should mandate some online training (for HOBBY) operators before they can activate the aircraft and fly it. At the very least watch a video outlining the regulations etc. And then when someone does something DUMB they can't say they didn't know it.

I think rules are important, they are their to keep everyone safe but.... that being said I've flown over 1 mile out of sight before of course out on open land where it could only possibly hit dirt. I've also legally flown through a cloud and that was stupid and dangerous cause it could have went any number of ways bad lol the cloud was low in town I couldnt see 10 feet across the street hah but never the less I just want to say I have fun I get amazing videos and I do stupid stuff but I always take precautions making sure I dont harm anyone or anything and always making sure people who see my drone are comfortable I'm always in a open area where anyone can see me and my craft. I've informed tons of people never had any bad run ins yet. Not that I would care droning is my peaceful hobby right out of prison its taught me skills and discipline and to actually follow the [Admin Removed] rules I'm actually flying today with my 68 year old dad hes Awesome. Enjoy everyday we are not guaranteed tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
With concerns about terrorists, people with a grudge attempting to take out their anger on others, drunken driving, drug use and violence amongst fans or other event attendees, I am glad the FBI has the man power to chase a guy flying a small drone. You know how crazily dangerous these inherently risky flying killing machines are......

Reactions: MTO
Not dangerous at all. in fact if you go on youtube you will find more people attacking drone pilots than drone pilots attacking people??? I think you may be misinformed.

Not dangerous at all. in fact if you go on youtube you will find more people attacking drone pilots than drone pilots attacking people??? I think you may be misinformed.
I think you missed his INTENSE amount of sarcasm in his comment . . .

Reactions: MTO

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj