the long expected solution from Rainbowers

Sorry, the PH3 is at the filter factory to adapt all as good as possible. No extra photos. At the moment we are waiting for the definite filter samples. We wanted a lighter weight polarizer too, so frame needs to be adapted. Not only the weight is important, as it is to be screwed up at the end of the barrel, we want it lighter and marks on it about the position chosen. At the same time my wife is designing a nice wooden box with the right foam not too damage the filter glass.
So, busy on it, but too early, for pre order. Nevertheless the price will be fixed around USD 135 inclusive fast DHL shipment from China (3-4 days) to countries with max DHL level 7.

At the moment we are waiting for the definite filter samples. We wanted a lighter weight polarizer too, so frame needs to be adapted. Not only the weight is important, as it is to be screwed up at the end of the barrel, we want it lighter and marks on it about the position chosen. At the same time my wife is designing a nice wooden box with the right foam not too damage the filter glass.

Thanks for the information and interim reports about production. We look forward to the demonstration of wooden boxes from your wife :)

Reactions: Rainbowers
previewed filters:
for slot 1: ND 8, ND 16, ND 32, UV
for slot 2: Graduated 50% at ND 2 and ND 4
polarizer
previewed weight: with 2 filters: 10 gr, 1filter + polarizer: 12 gr all with new barrel
Hmmm...10/12 gr that's a bit on the heavy side don't you think?

I am eagerly awaiting the next update regarding this marvelous filter system. Please let is know how things are progressing?

Thank you!

Hmmm...10/12 gr that's a bit on the heavy side don't you think?
we already diminued weight to 9 grams using 2 glass filters ! We go further and will deliver a unique counterweight with as surprise. Counterweight for security will be necessary with CP.

After some tests, we fixed our choice of filters:
ND4 ND8 ND16 (no ND32 as you will have graduated ND to darken the sky)
Graduated ND2 and ND3 very slight difference but can be important, UV- filtering will be applied on the graduated.
UV-clear
Circular polarizer

Filter cap protection
Rubber ring to secure barrel on camera
Counterweight security for using polarizer

estimated weight with 2 glass filters without polarizer : 8 grams

all filters can be combined in 2 slots, one slot is not rotating, the other gives possibility to rotate the filter 100 °

all will be shipped in a nice wooden box for 100% protection and easy use on the field without touching the glass.
"estimated" price USD 115 + USD 28 (fast DHL) = USD 143 at your door.

PH3_2.jpg
PH3_5.jpg

IMG_3166.JPG

Last edited:
This looks like an amazing package! I can't wait to get the grad nd filter specially since so many of my pics and vivid)?* currently suffer from high contrast blow out. Are you expecti bf the user to use the grads in combination with the full nd's ?

Thanks

of course,
This looks like an amazing package! I can't wait to get the grad nd filter specially since so many of my pics and vivid)?* currently suffer from high contrast blow out. Are you expecti bf the user to use the grads in combination with the full nd's ?

Thanks
of course, that is what it makes so special, free combining filters !

Reactions: numbphoto
Some news:
finally received graduated ND 2 and ND 4 and circular polarizer.

Conclusions:
very satisfied with the graduated ND, the CP has to be returned. The polarizing is not at our standards and the weight is too high, but this last point seems to be solved. We even preview an original counterweight for those who are afraid for their gimbal. But the 2 filters with barrel and fixing ring will be about 7 grams. Now just waiting for a higher quality CP, testing it and mass production. Of course all made in clear glass and ultra light aluminum.
Here my photos of test: Grad ND 2 on ND 8 and GRD ND 4 on ND 8:

ND2onND8-5.jpg
ND2onND8-4.jpg
ND4onND8-1.jpg
ND4onND8-3.jpg
setup.jpg

amazing! Waiting for the preorder greenlight :)
Me too :)

I would be me, and I believe that others interested in the photos placed the barrel of the camera Phantom3. And video demonstration of the use and examples of different filter on the camera and Phantom video of results and comparisons.

It would be wonderful if you are able to make for us :)

Me too :)

I would be me, and I believe that others interested in the photos placed the barrel of the camera Phantom3. And video demonstration of the use and examples of different filter on the camera and Phantom video of results and comparisons.

It would be wonderful if you are able to make for us :)
will be done very soon, waiting for a phantom3 bird and the definite filter samples to test.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj