the long expected solution from Rainbowers

Reaction score
Dear Phantom fans,

after finished our difficult task for the Inspire1 (the renaat-filters 1000 sets sold), we are happy to announce that the factory approved our new design of the barrel to replace the DJI stock one. It took 2 months, not all is going fast in China. Of course, as we did for the ultra light frame for the I1, we have now an ultra light barrel for the Phantom3, evidently with the right thread.
This barrel is designed to accept 2 different filters (ND filter and a graduated ND) in a special designed frame. Special: easy to take and replace, and one of the 2 slots in the barrel can accept a filter to be rotated. This is necessary to align a graduated ND filter with the horizon.
We received the first photos of the barrel, not yet painted ! On the barrel will be a ring to block the filters, or if no filter used in the slots, to cover the openings against light infiltration. As a lot of you asked us for a polarizer filter, there will be one, to be screwed on the end of the barrel, so you can combine with the other filters. All our inspiration was coming from the construction of a matte box, but it had to be very mini !
Concerning the filters:
we propose ND8-ND16-ND32, ND2-ND4s !! Perhaps start from ND4 to ND16 ? And of course for the photographers there will be a CPL.

We are waiting to receive the barrel and have a look in real. Meanwhile any advice is welcome to set up a set of filters.

With best regards and thanks for your patience,
Aileen & Renaat

IMG_3017.JPG IMG_3012.JPG IMG_3010.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3016.JPG
    IMG_3016.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 698
Reactions: gfredrone
Nice. Definitely an unmet need for professional photographers (I'm not one of them [emoji6]).
How much added weight for barrel then each filter/stack?

Personally, I'd stay away from an ND2 and ND4. I find that I have very little use for my ND4 and always seem to start with an ND8. I'd like to see an option with a ND + CP in one. I really like my SRP ND8 + CP but would like to have it in a Matte Box style you're proposing.

Personally, I'd stay away from an ND2 and ND4. I find that I have very little use for my ND4 and always seem to start with an ND8. I'd like to see an option with a ND + CP in one. I really like my SRP ND8 + CP but would like to have it in a Matte Box style you're proposing.
Thanks, it is what we think too. Our design has growing up by people of the field, the demands we had for the I1. Except with the I1 you are limited by the weight as the camera is very well balanced.
Other wishes for filters except CPL and ND ? It is the moment to establish a set !

Reactions: cmyk22
I'd like to see a graduated ND filter set. So much can be done in post that I'm struggling to come up with other "wants" for a filter set. So in summary, an ND/CP 8, 16, 32 and maybe a 64. Same goes for a graduated set.

Reactions: Rainbowers
I'd like to see a graduated ND filter set. So much can be done in post that I'm struggling to come up with other "wants" for a filter set. So in summary, an ND/CP 8, 16, 32 and maybe a 64. Same goes for a graduated set.
our cp will be independent from the nd choice

it will be as filters used in a matte box and weight respected as our materials (filters and barrel) are more light weight.

Looking forward to this solution. Do you have a webpage to follow your products?

No web page, only here. We do this completely by our goodwill and love to create. Our professional work has nothing to do with filter producing.

That's very generous of you.

I meant webpage mainly so I do not ask the same questions you might have answered before.
What type of filters is the filter holder going to be fitting?

previewed filters:
for slot 1: ND 8, ND 16, ND 32, UV
for slot 2: Graduated 50% at ND 2 and ND 4
polarizer
previewed weight: with 2 filters: 10 gr, 1filter + polarizer: 12 gr all with new barrel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik