The GoPro Drone is announced

I'm more interested in the 360º mount. I was going to buy a similar one this summer. Might wait for the GoPro release.

Not so much Gopro drone is announced as Gopro have confirmed what everyone already knew - they intend to get into the drone market.
There are no details, not even any indication they have started to work on it.
Just that they plan to release a drone before July 2016.

Last edited:
I asked a GoPro support rep last year when they were going to get into the drone market. I said it's a natural expansion for them. He said they have no plans, they like making cameras. Hrm...

Perhaps I should get a royalty???

Last edited:
Not so much Gopro drone is announced as Gopro have confirmed what everyone already knew - they intend to get into the drone market.
There are no details, not even any indication they have started to work on it.
Just that they plan to release a drone before July 2016.

Hi Meta4,
Did you happen to read the accompanying linked article, as well?

http://recode.net/2015/05/27/gopros-next-adventure-virtual-reality-drones/

"Woodman also revealed the company is working on a quadcopter — or drone, as they’re more commonly known. He declined to share any details about its design and pricing, but it’s slated to launch in the first half of 2016 and will be aimed at consumers.

“It’s incredible to see our world from new perspectives. It’s a real ‘Oh my God’ moment,” said Woodman. “We did that with our GoPro cameras, and we see a similar opportunity in the quadcopter market. It’s something that’s in our DNA, and we are excited about it across the company.”

Though it’s working on its own hardware, GoPro plans to continue working with other drone manufacturers to provide cameras and software solutions for aerial video and photography.

“We recognize that consumers want choice,” said Woodman. “Our primary focus is enabling great content, and however they want to do that, we’re excited to be part of that.” "

Sounds a lot, like a GoPro drone may already be in the works...
It will be interesting to see what transpires between now, then, and the near future...

RedHotPoker

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Yeah, I guess you're right. As they're keeping their cards close to the vest.

Are GoPro and GoProfessional Cases, essentially the same company?
I am interested in a new Phantom backpack they are releasing soon...

http://goprofessionalcases.com/shopcases/gpc-dji-phantom-3-backpack.html
GPC DJI PHANTOM 3 BACKPACK LIMITED EDITION
MANUFACTURER PART NO:GPC-DJI-P3-BP-BLK-LTD

UPDATED 6/4/15

GPC DJI Phantom 3 Backpack Limited Edition

Pictures Coming Soon

Pre-Orders Coming Soon
$239.00

RedHotPoker

Yes .. that's why I said they haven't announced a drone.
There is no gopro drone to announce.
They are announcing that they intend to make one.
I interpret it with a bit more optimism, to me it reads as; "rumors are true, we've developed a quadcopter and plan on releasing it next year. Watch for further announcements."

Which in the end means "we intend to make one" so you're right, nothing to announce yet.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic