The Future of Phantom

I don’t know where you get your information. China has many state owned and financed enterprises in specific areas they care about strategically, but most companies are private. US investors often invest in them to gain diversification.

Yes. Many Chinese companies often have foreign western investors. Again, it's just not that simple.

This isn't 1970-80s China anymore.

I don’t know where you get your information. China has many state owned and financed enterprises in specific areas they care about strategically, but most companies are private. US investors often invest in them to gain diversification.

My information comes from many places.

Xi Jinping has pushed for greater party control over the military, the media and civil society, is now focusing on business. The government is taking over the country’s largest companies, including internet companies. Furthermore, they have stepped up requirements that businesses, even foreign ones to give Communist Party committees a greater role in management. Thus even private companies (which represent a minority in China) are state controlled.

Heres a old Fortune 500 link (2015) stating the following:

The top 12 Chinese companies are all state-owned. They include massive banks and oil companies that the central government controls through the State-Owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the ruling State Council (SASAC), which appoints CEOs and makes decisions on large investments. Of the 98 Chinese companies on the list, only 22 are private.

China's Global 500 companies are bigger than ever—and mostly state-owned

Last edited:

My information comes from many places.

Xi Jinping has pushed for greater party control over the military, the media and civil society, is now focusing on business. The government is taking over the country’s largest companies, including internet companies. Furthermore, they have stepped up requirements that businesses, even foreign ones to give Communist Party committees a greater role in management. Thus even private companies (which represent a minority in China) are state controlled.

Heres a old Fortune 500 link (2015) stating the following:

The top 12 Chinese companies are all state-owned. They include massive banks and oil companies that the central government controls through the State-Owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the ruling State Council (SASAC), which appoints CEOs and makes decisions on large investments. Of the 98 Chinese companies on the list, only 22 are private.

China's Global 500 companies are bigger than ever—and mostly state-owned

And I should add that In 2017, the US Army ended its use of DJI drone aircraft. At the time, the Army alleged that the company shared infrastructure information with the Chinese government.

Private or not, depending on what that means in China, those who argue significant state involvement in DJI operation only bolster the argument of govt. information collection.

Does this matter?

They will keep playing their cards close to their chests, we can just speculate.

My speculation is that the Phantom form factor, while probably more stable, has had its day in the consumer sector.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj