The FAA has a PUBLIC search tool that allows anyone to look at your info!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this video I have a link to the FAA search engine that allows ANYONE, including thieves to look up peoples personal addresses of people who own various models of drones, including Phantom 3s, Phantom 2s, Inspire 1s, 3DR Solos, etc...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
While it is true that the drone operator registry will be public (it is not yet), and will be searchable, it will be searchable by unique registration number only. This video, and the database search tool it refers to, relates to the database that contains information pertaining to Section 333 holders, not hobbyists.

This sounds a lot like (I am guessing) what happened to the 2nd amendment. Only the law abiding get punished. Do you really think think someone intending to misuse a drone (or gun) is really going to register it? Just remember "drone (gun) control only works well for those who control them".

Just my thoughts. And by the way, I registered on the 21st. However, I am a little concerned about giving my credit card number to the Government.

Hey there folks!

I just don't have the stamina I would like to have to keep this discussion going on multiple fronts. I believe this is VERY important to talk about and debate, and but I just don't have the energy to keep coming back and adding to the discussion.

I believe I have made my points clear. I believe I have debated in a respectful, and meaningful way to this discussion.

I really hope others take up this conversation, and make their points, both for AND against.

I may stop by in the future, but for now, I am going to just retract. If you want my attention, please comment on the video I made directly on my channel.

Thank you all, and I sincerely hope you continue to talk about this issue!

The Suburban Hippie Experimentalist :)

Does anyone find it strange "The Suburban Hippie" signs up today and the first thing he starts in on is the FAA registration of "drones"? This guy definitely has some type of agenda...like steering people to his "channel". And according to him, "I will register by February 19th,..." Who knows if this guy even has a drone? There are mistakes throughout his postings on this thread...but as long as it fits his agenda (whatever it may be) that's okay.

"Try it! Type in "DJI" in manufacturer, and "Phantom 3" in model and see what comes up!...and yes, I can see that this too may be for those with a 333 exemption". Buckeye sorted that out real quick. By the way, even if the 333 exemption was not granted, the application for the exemption is public record...I would guess there are many of those that were not granted, are not on the registry and the information is still available.

"DJI has already written into the software that you can't fly withing 5 miles of any airport, or 15 miles of DC. They have also written in that you can't fly above 400 feet." Long before DJI came into existence the R/C aircraft world was already aware of these two (among others) guidelines pertaining to R/C aircraft. I believe the guidelines merely stated one had to "inform" an airfield if they were flying within 5 miles, not "ask permission" or "get authorization". The 400 feet AGL has remain unchanged.

I am not defending the government nor thrilled about the expansion of government in this area, but when I registered I did not enter the type of aircraft I own or would be flying and there is even guidance that says the registration number does not have to be on the outside of the aircraft...it can be in the battery compartment if is easily accessible.

Yeah "The Suburban Hippie" has an agenda and it does not sound like sharing experiences, guidance and thoughts pertaining to the P3P or P3A. So what is your real agenda "The Suburban Hippie"?

Google has ur information. Ur credit card company has ur info. Ur bank has ur info. NSA has ur info. I can get ur info. U can get mine. Welcome to 2015.

Sent from my PT beating heart

BREAKING NEWS ! ! ! !
Your address is all over the cyber-world if you've ever purchased or registered anything online. And your name a phone number is in your local phone book too, which is available online.

Google your name and you can find the same info, different database! Phone, address etc! So why is everybody so upset about a searchable database from the FAA?

I'm planning on letting this play out a bit longer before registering. I know the government is clumsy and has a habit of mishandling stuff like this so it won't hurt to hold off a few weeks. I agree that our information unfortunately is all over the Internet in publicly available websites. I know for example someone can see how much I paid for my house, and what it is worth today. They can see who my brother, sister, wife, mother, father, etc. is, and their ages. This registry thing is a drop in the bucket, but won't hurt to hold off to see how this plays out.

Yes... this is just for N-Numbers (I tried it) - I don't know how it would work with the simple drone registration because I did not have to give them any drone information. The best they (the thieves you are concerned about) apparently could do is get my registration number and search by that... which I find pretty unlikely since they would have to get close to my Phantom to get that number.

Have you ever used a reverse search engine? Apparently not.

And insurance for having had your information hacked and used fraudulently is for sale there too.

Send me your address and I will give you $100.00 if you can get my information from a reverse look-up database. Seriously... if you are so worried... don't register... it's kind of that simple.

Reactions: johnp44
This thread is a bit misleading.

This applies to a different class of drone registration (not the hobbits like most of us are)

Have you ever used a reverse search engine? Apparently not.
My registration number is in the battery box and they don't know me...what keywords do they use?

You can always choose to fly "undocumented" because as we know now by the example handed down by the commander and chief "undocumented" does not constitute/mean illegal.

My registration number is in the battery box and they don't know me...what keywords do they use?

If I was a criminal.. I'd just watch you fly your cool drone. Cheap entertainment.

Then I'd watch what vehicle you load up into. I'd write down your plate number..

Then I'd go to the DMV, pay $3 and get your address :)

..but criminals are dumb. And wouldn't go that far to reverse engineer the art of theft.

If I was a criminal.. I'd just watch you fly your cool drone. Cheap entertainment.

Then I'd watch what vehicle you load up into. I'd write down your plate number..

..but criminals are dumb. And wouldn't go that far to reverse engineer the art of theft.
I agree. Or just follow me home. Or pull a knife and take it from me (wait, I got concealed carry, bring his knife to my gun fight?

In this video I have a link to the FAA search engine that allows ANYONE, including thieves to look up peoples personal addresses of people who own various models of drones, including Phantom 3s, Phantom 2s, Inspire 1s, 3DR Solos, etc...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is ridiculous! More fear mongering from paranoid of the government people. Ugh! There are 1001 more productive in easier ways for thieves to get out information.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ken Hanks

Thank you for making this point! lol It was exactly what I was thinking. If I was thief I'd rather stake out the guy driving a new Tesla then a silly Phantom 3 drone, oh wait excuse me, an Inspire 1 because obviously the thief would know that the Inspire is more expensive since he's already done his extensive background research on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers