The Best SunShade Out There!

Here's my honest view.

After wasting money on THREE other sunshades, take my advice, the Hoodman HAV2E kit is by far the best sunshade for the iPad air. It's the only one that truly keeps the sun off the screen on a really bright day (the kind of days we are more likely to fly on).

Reactions: dtviewer
Here's my honest view.

After wasting money on THREE other sunshades, take my advice, the Hoodman HAV2E kit is by far the best sunshade for the iPad air. It's the only one that truly keeps the sun off the screen on a really bright day (the kind of days we are more likely to fly on).

Agree 100%.
The product discussed in this thread looks like a very well made sunshade...and has a very premium price. Construction looks great, very well thought out.
I just dont see that it would block the sun any more than the hundreds of other generic square shaped sunshades that have been tried and are pretty much worthless. From my testing they are almost useless.
The only products I've found that are even a bit worthwhile are the pad hat from hoodivision...which I would say is 30-40% effective from my usage, and the Hoodivision which is 100% effective.
Other than those 2 you are looking at goggles.
BTW, the hoodivision aviator is actually 2 parts so you can use the bottom piece alone for days when its not too sunny and add the funnel like top half for sunny days when you want perfect vision.

Here's my honest view.

Agree 100% from my experience with six different sunshade models
Agree 100%.
The product discussed in this thread looks like a very well made sunshade...and has a very premium price. Construction looks great, very well thought out.
I just dont see that it would block the sun any more than the hundreds of other generic square shaped sunshades that have been tried and are pretty much worthless. From my testing they are almost useless.
The only products I've found that are even a bit worthwhile are the pad hat from hoodivision...which I would say is 30-40% effective from my usage, and the Hoodivision which is 100% effective.
Other than those 2 you are looking at goggles.
BTW, the hoodivision aviator is actually 2 parts so you can use the bottom piece alone for days when its not too sunny and add the funnel like top half for sunny days when you want perfect vision.

Also agree 100% after trying 6 different sunshade models

Myself and those who have made the comments above are speaking from a neutral perspective. We know that you need complete boxing for a sunshade to be totally effective.

You on the other hand are advocating your own product, which I don't blame you for doing.

But as long as others understand that, you take your pick people.

I don't see any problem with you being here answering questions or defending your product. After all, it looks like you put a lot of thought into the design and the quality of the product.

What does turn my stomach are the obvious posts by 'Tom'...who just so happens to only post here either advertising (and gushing over) your product...he has 8 total posts on this site and the first 3 led on to him advertising your hood and the following 5 were about how wonderful, fantastic, incredible, unbelievable the hood and yoursite.com is.

I have the Hoodman with the extender for my iPad Air 2 and I love it. It makes flying in any light conditions easy. If I have to make a complaint, I feel the end with the overlapping hand hole could use something more rigid at the top and bottom as it tends to deform but it's easy to form it back to shape. The sunscreen attaches easily to the controller and seals out ALL light. It is worth the $99.

Different strokes different folks. I like the more rigid shade that will also double as a case for storage of my Ipad so went with Mr. Cobbs. I would think if optimal clarity is desired the Hoodman would be best.

I have the Drone World sunshade on my iPad Air 2. It works great. Has anyone used a glare sheet on the screen? If so, how do you like it and where did you get it.

Myself and those who have made the comments above are speaking from a neutral perspective. We know that you need complete boxing for a sunshade to be totally effective.

You on the other hand are advocating your own product, which I don't blame you for doing.

But as long as others understand that, you take your pick people.

I know this, I have tried absolutely everything out there and the only one that works is the hoodman, I put up a video that I did with the hoodman in action, judge for yourselves. I will say this though, you better have a good device holder, and it it's a bit cumbersome at first but you will get the hang of out pretty quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

View attachment 59101 View attachment 59063 View attachment 59061 View attachment 59063 I purchased a great sunscreen that holds the iPad Pro 12.9" on the Phantom 4 controller very solidly. It is from AERIALDRONEACCESSORIES.COM The unit for the iPad Pro 12.9" is called The MASTER SERIES IPAD PRO 12.9" SUNSHADE. Great unit that works like a charm. Stacy is really good to work with. Really enjoy being able to use the large screen on the iPad Pro 12.9"

So in reserving comments here as I am waiting for several months to get what I originally ordered. I ordered one with the quick release, and go his "new" design... Which I don't like because I can't take it on and off as his video suggests. Stacy Cobb swears he's going to make me the one I want, but after several months I'm not holding my breath. [emoji36]

They are very well made.. But I haven't used my shade yet because I put all my stuff back in the case, and getting the tools out to remove the shade isn't desirable for me.

I'll report back if Stacy makes me the 1/4 turn release version he promised.

Thanks man. I would love your input on the one you got that we design. I'm always trying to get better at this and keeping an open line with my customers is so important especially when the product didn't satisfy their needs.

Things I'd like to have on it:
I wear glasses and with this version I have to take them off, so one where I could wear my glasses would be great.

The straps are ok but maybe velcro like the way the top part connects to the bottom part would be easier. Stick velcro around the back of ipad and then a flap from the hoodman to attach to it. I know, most people wouldn't want to stick velcro on the back of their iPad!! Maybe some other way instead of velcro then.

Side flaps to be able to stick hand through to use iPad, the bottom flap is not a quick access to top parts of the screen.

On a different note: I have vr goggles also, I bought them specifically for the purpose of being able to see my **** screen in the sun. I fly a lot and let me tell guys who are looking to use vr for this purpose: you will go cross eyed real quick. Eye fatigue sets in real quick. Can't access your device, my iPhone suddenly comes up with the compass calibration screen while I'm flying!!! I just dont see using it too often

Boils down to this: if you use your device under the sun and want to be able to see where you are going you need to cut out all light, just the top and sides are not enough as all the light from the bottom still causes issues, anti glare films don't work, I got the military grade stuff and no good. The only one that has worked for me is the hoodman because it cuts out most of the light that causes reflection. Sone light still enters from where the hood meets the iPad but that is not enough to cause any reflections. I have no monetary interests in this company, I am just passing on the experience I've had in the war against the light on my device!!!! And when I say I've tried them all, I literally mean all.

I understand you tried all but which one of mine did you purchase. Was it the Master Series line that you see here? Or one of my earlier versions?
By "all" I meant from other manufacturers, the one I purchased from you it's this one plus the top extension
3606b45a22bebb926980d6ae9aaf776c.jpg

Thanks guys for all the info on sunshades. I am so new my P4 will be arriving today via Fedex. I have been browsing all the topics to attempt to know what I need when the time comes for extra accessories. All your messages were just what I needed on this topic. Thanks

Reactions: Stacy Cobb
I got my Ultrashade from aerialdroneaccessories.com. By far it is the BEST one made period. I tried the "old cardboard ones" and tried the 3D ones as well. They were all "junk" compared to this one. This one completely blocked all the sun enabling me to fly my P4 without any hint of glaring sunlight.

I can see now why these SunShades take 10-14 days to be delivered. What I am holding is a masterpiece to the drone world.
I truly believe there is no other sunshade that will come even close to this one.

I researched the web for the perfect sunshade and I came upon
aerialdroneaccessories.com and Stacy Cobb. He has built and designed the greatest sunshades for the Apple and Android series.

When I purchase things I opt for the BEST. Well, DJI and Stacy's sunshades should be in the same sentence. They are the BEST!

Nuff said, just buy it and you will see a masterpiece:)

Couldn't agree more! It's wonderful, awesome, great, etc. The money I've spent on other types that didn't work at all or well, just about equal what I paid for this one. Worth the price!

Couldn't agree more! It's wonderful, awesome, great, etc. The money I've spent on other types that didn't work at all or well, just about equal what I paid for this one. Worth the price!

Thank you Jbwill If every one at least tried this Sunshade once, everybody would know that this is the best $$$ spent on a flying.

There is alot of drone stuff ,made that is useless. Like I got a 3D
accessory for my controller. Suppose to hold your sticks in place with rubber bands. A total waste of $$$.

When I flew privately, I always had the best in sunglasses. $$$ is not the issue here. When I saw Stacy Cobb's SunShade, the all mighty dollar did not play in my purchase of this. Mr. Cobb has pulled all stops out in making this "masterpiece"

Yes, I take this hobby seriously and I make sure I am using the best that is out there.

So please everyone who has spent $$$ on this hobby, get a sunshade for your controller. It would be a very wise investment for you and the folks and objects below you.

Last edited:
I also settled on the Hoodman for my P3P flights from my ordinary lawn chair perch. I have the 9.7" Samsung Tablet Tab S2 and the Hoodman fits around my glasses and seals out all (100%) of the Phoenix, Arizona sunlight. (It don't get no brighter than that" Ha Ha.) It gives me a perfect FPV environment with clear high resolution images with all of the flight instrumentation too. Just for info.
See:
Drone Aviator hood kit (includes HAV2 & HAV2E) - HAV2KIT in Drones, Phones and Tablet
Cheers,
Joe
KC7GHT

Reactions: Zuzua
I also settled on the Hoodman for my P3P flights from my ordinary lawn chair perch. I have the 9.7" Samsung Tablet Tab S2 and the Hoodman fits around my glasses and seals out all (100%) of the Phoenix, Arizona sunlight. (It don't get no brighter than that" Ha Ha.) It gives me a perfect FPV environment with clear high resolution images with all of the flight instrumentation too. Just for info.
See:
Drone Aviator hood kit (includes HAV2 & HAV2E) - HAV2KIT in Drones, Phones and Tablet
Cheers,
Joe
KC7GHT

Hi joeruby,

Quick question for you. How long does it take for your eyes to readjust after putting the hood back down again? I know when I leave the movies and walk into the lobby, it takes my eyes mins to readjust to my surrounding again. Maybe because I am "old" LOL

Hey guys... Let's give Stacy a break??... He rightly believes in his product. He offers his word on a money back promise if one isn't happy. You can't say fairer than that? He's asking for feedback so if it needs change/improvement he wants to listen. There's not many out there that want to listen and "action". I'm in the UK and have no affiliation with Stacy whatsoever but have ordered from him this afternoon (after reading this thread) the guy deserves a break and "us" the users to give him support. If those who have hoodman loyalty, fair enough but one shouldn't knock anyone for giving it there best shot at trying to give a best product and make a living... We are all trying to do the same in what ever we do. Endith the lesson [emoji120]

I got my Ultrashade from aerialdroneaccessories.com. By far it is the BEST one made period. I tried the "old cardboard ones" and tried the 3D ones as well. They were all "junk" compared to this one. This one completely blocked all the sun enabling me to fly my P4 without any hint of glaring sunlight.

I can see now why these SunShades take 10-14 days to be delivered. What I am holding is a masterpiece to the drone world.
I truly believe there is no other sunshade that will come even close to this one.

I researched the web for the perfect sunshade and I came upon
aerialdroneaccessories.com and Stacy Cobb. He has built and designed the greatest sunshades for the Apple and Android series.

When I purchase things I opt for the BEST. Well, DJI and Stacy's sunshades should be in the same sentence. They are the BEST!

Nuff said, just buy it and you will see a masterpiece:)
Wow, $89.99 for my iPad Mini 2 .... expensive, have to wait for Christmas I guess.

[QUOTE="Dronemaster, post: 866641, member: 65347"the guy deserves a break and "us" the users to give him support.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but why should we support him and his product ? This forum is just the place to openly critique a product, if it's good enough to compete in a busy market he won't need our support. I'm also from the UK.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic